Consultant led, High blood pressure?

shannonleigh

Reaction score
I had my first midwife booking in appointment today and they took my blood pressure and she was shocked at how high it is, she said because I'm only 18 she didn't know if she was seeing things or it's actually that high so they got 2 other people to check..She said I have to be consultant led too because of that. I'm worried now because I asked if this can affect the pregnancy and she said yes, can it affect the baby and how? Everything's gone fine so far I'm just scared somethings going to go wrong.. I hope it's just a one off and it goes down..I guess I'll see at my next appointment. What's other peoples experiences with high blood pressure in pregnancy? I might just be worrying for nothing.

I was consultant led due to high bmi but not blood pressure. My consultant didn't see me after 17 weeks as I was fine.

Have you always had high bp? What was the reading?
How many weeks are u?

To be fair yes high bp can cause problems but so can sooo many other things and likewise increased risk factors may not cause any problems at all.

U may find it could judt be a simple matter of extra monitoring xx
QUOTE=shannonleigh;31298211]I had my first midwife booking in appointment today and they took my blood pressure and she was shocked at how high it is, she said because I'm only 18 she didn't know if she was seeing things or it's actually that high so they got 2 other people to check..She said I have to be consultant led too because of that. I'm worried now because I asked if this can affect the pregnancy and she said yes, can it affect the baby and how? Everything's gone fine so far I'm just scared somethings going to go wrong.. I hope it's just a one off and it goes down..I guess I'll see at my next appointment. What's other peoples experiences with high blood pressure in pregnancy? I might just be worrying for nothing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply, I'm 10 weeks 4 days pregnant and in my notes it says 132/96 as my blood pressure but I'm not sure how it works really.

I'm consultant led due to high BP. I'm already on tablets and my booking appointment it was 158/122. I also have an elevated heart rate (120+ beats per min). I developed it when I was pregnant with my daughter. We were induced at 37 weeks as it was uncontrollable. I delivered at 37+3 (induced at 37) and she weighed 6lb 13oz. As long as it is controlled the risk to baby is minimal. We had more scans but otherwise it was generally pretty standard. I was 24 when I was pregnant last time so not exactly *old*

It'll be fine :flow:

I don't think that is high! mine was 175/? last time and when I asked if that was high the midwife said, I don't know what your normal blood pressure is, I thought, that's really high! I'm a really anxious person and hate sitting in waiting rooms, going to doctors, places with lots of people etc, the time before I believe it was 119/76.

Mrsc - my MW said it's the bottom number that matters - so anything /100 is when it needs monitored

I wasn't consultant led til it was 100+. This time I'm consultant led from the start because it's only goin to get worse :nope: but usually they would get you in for a BP analysis as it can fluctuate so much even over the space of 30mins

:flow:

thank you so much!! maybe I'm just worrying for nothing but that's not going to calm down until after the 12 week scan, I want to make sure I make it to 2 tri first. Glad yours was under control and you had a healthy baby :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->