Consultation with Midwife next week... I have no idea what to ask

ArmyWifey11

Expecting our FIRST!!!
Reaction score
This is will be my first child and I know I want a natural home or birth center birth. But that's about all I know. I have no clue what I'm even supposed to ask the midwife at the consultation. I wish it was a normal prenatal midwife appt because I have about a million and one pregnancy questions but no clue about a consultation. I feel like an idiot.
Can anyone help me out?

I wouldn't worry too much, the midwife will know that it's your 1st and will be able to help you through the questions. Natural births, I'm sure, are not very common where you are in Arkansas (they aren't here in QC either) so the midwives tend to be very passionate and excited to educate. Good luck! :)

Specific birthing choices (ie. water, cord clamping, etc) tend to be discussed much later. For now, it will probably be just a health history and some blood work, they are fairly cautious before 2nd tri begins.

I was surprised they even wanted me to come in this early. It's a free consultation so I know the probably won't do any blood work or anything. And its way to early for ultrasound. I almost want to cancel and wait to go in later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->