Contraceptive implant

Peppermint25

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am thinking about contraception as it's now been 11 weeks since my LO was born and I'm constantly being asked by doctors and health visitors about what contraception I am using. It's only been condoms so far and apart from finding that they totally kill the mood I also don't feel very safe on them!

I am breastfeeding so an quite limited in the contraception I can have. One that the doc is all in favour of is the implant. I was really against more hormones at first but it looks as if its unavoidable.

Does anyone have any good/ bad experiences of the implant? Are there any nasty side effects with it?

Thanks!
X

hurt getting it out., conceived week later :) had no prob with it.

I loved my implant! I had it in for 2.5 years, no periods :) Then i bled non stop for about 8 weeks, so they took it out a few months short of its 3 year life span, as non stop bleeding can be a sign of it running out.

It bloody hurt, having it removed. I had a second one put in, but i bled non stop on that one too, so i had it removed after a month and went on the pill.

I loved the convenience, i didnt have to think about it. It took a little getting used to feeling a plastic rod in my arm, but after a while i didnt even notice. My 2 scars arent visable unless you know they are there.

X

Loved it! I've had hem for the last 7 years (had one, three years after it ran out so got it replaced, when that one ran out ad it taken out and started TTC)

Getting a new one put in next week! Had to buy condoms today - sure fire mood killer!!!

I liked my first one. Second was okay but after about a year on it, I kept bleeding on and off and then for 3 weeks straight, I'd had enough, got it taken out, fell preg with LO 2 weeks later. x

Thanks for your replies. Can the implant cause any decrease in milk supply?

Think implant is fine for breastfeeding, but double check.

I hated mine in the sense that I put weight on, my spots got worse, I got headaches and had horrible mood swings. Felt like the old me when it was removed. Yet I cant complain as I had it removed to TTC and fell pregnant first month after removal. Fertility returns straight away. So pros and cons x

Love my implant never had a problem with it, I've had 2!! X

Would you consider the copper coil? No hormones. I was on the pill before having kids but didn't want to go back on it due to family history and really wanted a no hormone contraception and my doctor recommended the copper coil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->