Contraceptives and breastfeeding.

babytots

Reaction score
Hope you ladies don't mind me popping over from 2nd tri just have a question.

Once baby is born hubby is planning on having the snip I'm not overly keen on the idea so hoping I can convince him otherwise if I go on contraceptives is there any that are not safe to use when breastfeeding?

Usually breastfeeding stops my cycles completely when exclusively bf and don't return til they self wean but I know this isn't reliable x

You can take the progesterone only pill while bf-ing but not the combined pill (I think that's the right way round!). I take cerazette while feeding. I believe you can also have the injection and implant too. There are definitely options. Xx

I had a copper IUD no hormones so it can't interfere with anything :)

Thanks ladies not keen on having the coil as have had numerous friends as well as my mum have problems with it so it's put me off going down that route.

Will look into the ones you mention shinona :) x

There's the Mirena coil too - which has a lower level of hormones than the pill and implant. It isn't made of copper and doesn't cause the heavy bleeding that the copper coil can.

I have the Mirena IUD. And bf is going great. No problems so far. Had it last time around too (for 5years). Not everyone is the same but I had no AF and no problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->