Contractions/BHs without the tightening?

orangedaisy

Reaction score
Lately with all the pressure, lightening crotch, and Braxton Hicks I feel like a walking timer waiting for my water to break or something. Anyways, today I've been having what feels like menstrual cramps off and on, but they don't always tighten up my stomach (which I would then call a contraction). With my first, all of my labor was in my back and I can't remember if I had the tightenings with him or not. Anyone had contractions without the tightening, just the crampy feeling?

Yes, I've been feeling this for about 2 weeks now on and off. I'm 36 weeks tomorrow with my 3rd as well. Had strong BH, period pains with mild tightenings coming every 10 minutes for a few hours ( especially at night) then they stop. Lightening crotch and pelvic pressure, like he's really low down.

He's 4/5ths engaged now and the midwife said it's all normal ( especially with your third) she said it may be out bodies gearing up for labour.
Unless your waters go, pass blood or the contractions intensify.... It's all normal!!.
Good luck xx

P.s
Yes I've had the cramps period feelings as well without the tightenings. The midwife said it's probably baby engaging x

I've had this the past few nights as well and I get all hopeful but it never comes to anything! I remember when contractions started with my son I thought it was constipation pains because that's just what it felt like. Took me a while to realise I was getting them at regular intervals!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->