Cooking advice!

Mazzy17

Reaction score
I was talking to Hubby earlier about winter cooking and was telling him about my mums beef stew and he said he likes beef stew if it is done properly (didnt know there was any other way :shrug:) Do any ladies have any recipes for beef stew they would recommend? I would ask my mum but she had brain surgery about 10 years ago and her mind is like a sieve

:flower:

the best one I've done is kind of a cheat but its lovely......fry some onions and carrots and braising steak in some oil ( cover the steak lightly in flour before ) oh and garlic...then I put in an oven dish and poor over a colmans beef casserole packet, add half can of ale, guinness or a glass of red wine, add a bay leaf and cook on a medium heat for about 3 hrs ( any less and its not as nice ) also at the end of cooking we sometimes add dumplings

Yummy served with crusty bread on a cold winters night, mash potato or roasties...Love winter food :)

I make it just buy cooking the meat and then stock and a bag of stew veg and then dumplings if you want them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->