Cooking egg yolk

Sweetie

DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!
Reaction score
How do you cook it when making it for LO?

It's got to be very well cooked, not runny at all.

I made scrambled egg for Lewis the other day but it was so "well cooked" it was like rubber!! No wonder he didn't eat it poor thing. :blush:

I scramble the eggs but then add a drop of double cream right at the end of cooking which softens it all up beautifully:happydance:

I scramble the eggs but then add a drop of double cream right at the end of cooking which softens it all up beautifully:happydance:

I hadn't thought of that, good idea. :thumbup:

My grandma told me to boil the egg and mash up the yolk for the baby and make myself an egg salad sandwich with the white part. :rofl:

Hows it going? We need pics of your baby!

How do you scramble them? I was thinking it's not a good idea to use oil or anything so just in a teflon pan ??

I had thought about boiling them but wondered if anyone really went to the trouble?

Mmmm, egg salad sandwich with pickles... now I'm hungry
and trying to figure out how to post pictures... I want to...

Sweetie are you just going to do the yolk?

I make my baby an omelette (with eg cheese tomato mushroom in it) and just cut it up into bite size bits but that is me using the whole egg. I grease the pan with butter like I would do for myself because I have been led to believe that babies need quite a lot of fat in their diet.

Mmmm, baby omlette sounds good I haven't introduced her to anything like cheese yet and was told by our health nurse that egg whites are a no no until after a year but it sounds like everyone feeds their LO's eggs so.. Good point on the caloric qualities of butter though, something to think about

How do you scramble them? I was thinking it's not a good idea to use oil or anything so just in a teflon pan ??

A dribble of oil or a small knob of butter is fine...they need some fat in their diet for extra energy and certain fat soluble vitamins. I heat up a teflon/non stick pan and add butter till melted, mix an egg and a splash of milk in a bowl and add it to pan, stir over a gentle heat till it comes togeather and starts to resemble scrambled egg....just before it's finished add a dribble of double cream and take off the heat....the egg will be cooked enough but won't go all rubbery but creamy instead and be much more edible:happydance:

In Britain most eggs from the supermarket are lion stamped, if they're lion stamped it means they're vaccinated against salmonella so although they still need to be cooked for kids....you don't have to worry about overcooking them:dohh::hugs:

Thanks the last few days have been quite the adventure in being unsure of what I'm doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->