Cooking for one

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
Hi ladies I need some ideas of meals I could make for myself, I don't want to end up with many leftovers.. so if it's going to make lots of portions I want to freeze the excess.. healthy foods??

I don't like a lot of meat.. only chicken breast, pork chop, pork tenderloin.. and shaved turkey breast from the deli.

I like anything Italian, Greek, Lebanese.. or Thai!!

Not overly keen on rice so if it's a rice dish something flavourful?

I always do big portions of chilli and chunky veg soups and freeze them - great for when DH works away and i'm on my own. If your not keen on rice get some tacco shells and just half/quarter the box and use the chilli in them?
Soups always nice with some chunky bread and butter too!

I usually have the 'treats' bits in too for quickies - ie; waffles & fish fingers and i tend to eat a lot of salads with this too...

Simple things like Jacket Pot's with tuna majo & salad - beans & cheese - cottage cheese & pinapple chunks - chilli lol

Other jacket idea's - boil an egg and cook a large pot (big enough to fit an egg in) scoop out the potatoe bit just leaving a thin layer and the skin, put half the boiled egg in each half, put the potatoe back over the top and sprinkle a little cheese, bake under the grill until nice & crispy bit of salad YUM!!

When we buy a pork loin, we cut it into meal sizes and freeze so its good portions for one or two and get some mixed veg depending what you like of course - we love all veg so buy quite a lot but best for one if you buy a small bag of mixed veg and then there's no waste?

Same with chicken - buy some ready made stir fry or peppers and onion and make fajita wraps!

Fish pie is another one of our quickies, the healthy options are really nice and great for chucking in the oven with some green beans or broccoli
And of course we have pizza's as back ups...

I know how annoying it is cooking for one and most of the time i can never be arsed so i make do with soup or fish finger butties! lol and sometimes just a bowl of cereal, but i'm always happy with just that! Not good for every night but just a one off

That probably wasnt much help, if i think of anything better i'll let you know xx

i have lived off lots of soups whilst pregnant that are almost stew like, in sainsburys basics they sell their tupperware for 99p or 4 boxes and 2/3 ladle ulls is a antastic portion, u ussy with your veg? I not I i will put up some of our favourites, cheap as well, i can do a week of food for 2 on about 20 with just soups!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->