• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Coping with toddler/baby diarrhea

T

Tilly

Bethanie seems to have a bug, she was vomiting from 5am Thursday morning, until that evening. Then she was ok Friday, still not 100%. Friday night, we heard a rumbling.. my god I had to get out of the room lol! poor Sonny.

The vomiting has stopped but shes had 2 bowel movements today - one at 8am and the other at 11am. Since this, i've got as much fluids in her as I can but she will not touch diarolyte (to replace water and salts, if you haven't heard of it). She has eaten toast for breakfast and for lunch, so im glad she has an appetite.

Please give me your best tips etc, when do I know if it's time for a doctor etc etc.

Id appreciate your replies Thanks!

EDIT *Can someone tell me how I know shes getting enough water?*

as long as she's drinking lots i don't no what else to suggest honey :hugs: do hope she feels better soon :hugs: x

Hey hun does she have plenty of saliva in her mouth??

Pull her skin lightly on her belly, does it spring back straight away??

Has she got plenty of wet nappy's

x

We got her to drink her grandads cup of tea, she was refusing everything else. We tried loads of different cups (nanny and grandad even bought her a tinkerbell one) but she wasn't having any of it! Since that, she also had 2 waters which is good, but she won't drink loads of it and her milk.

I just did the belly test, it went back straight away - thats a good sign yea??

She wasn't having wet nappies earlier today, so I left the nappy on then she did a messy one, so it's hard to tell really. But no, not as wet as usual.

Yea if it went back straight away thats good,

I've been waiting for you to reply lol
Just keep a eye on her, leave a drink lying around, if she gets worse i'd definatly consult a doc just to be sure, i know how hard it is to get them to drink the diarolyte, kieran won't touch the stuff.

Hopefully she's near the end of it xx

How can I tell if my toddler is dehydrated?

Any of these signs could indicate that your toddler is dehydrated or is becoming dehydrated:
• More than six to eight hours without a wet diaper
• Urine that looks darker in his diaper and smells stronger than usual
• Lethargy
• A dry, parched mouth and lips
• No tears while crying

Signs that your toddler may be seriously dehydrated:
• Sunken eyes
• Hands and feet that feel cold and look splotchy
• Lightheadedness, dizziness, or delirium
• Excessive sleepiness or fussiness

Found this, hoep it helps x x

Hope she better soon..
my sis (works with kids) is suggesting..
a fruit lollypop, water based ones not the milk ones (like orange strawberry raspberry flavours)
grapes
pears
melon
these are all water/juice based and she says should help...
:hugs: to bethanie

x

Thanks girls :) it's quite worrying as she has been tired/not going for a wee I don't think. But she was crying tears and she has drunk since, just worried still but will keep an eye on her tomorrow . :)

Vomiting again today so I rang the out of hours doctor.. the lady said it sounds like we're doing everything right, so to just carry on.

Can't wait for this to pass! my poor little chub chub.

So sorry to hear this! Hope Bethanie starts to feel better in the next couple of days. There are flu bugs and cold bugs going around a lot right now!!

Bless her, its not nice when there ill, hope she feels better soon x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->