Copper Coil

Mummy Bean

Parker & Dougs Mum
Reaction score
So finally had my first AF since Doug was born last week so getting a copper coil fitter on Thursday.

Just wondering for those who have had it any side effects, did you bleed after, did your period still come on time?

I've had one when it was fitted a little bit of cramping after but that's it period at the normal time.

I had mine fitted before periods returned but i had a bit of cramping and spotting for about 1-2 weeks.

I had both of mine put in before periods returned, but with my second I had no symptoms whatsoever, with my first I had cramping for a little while after. I don't think it should change when your period comes as it doesn't have hormones in it to affect you like that it should be more immediate physical type things. I don't remember spotting, might have done.

Take a pain killer before the appointment :flower:

I had one fitted 2 months after Connor was born, he's 16 months now. It's great except for a bit more cramping and the periods were heavier at first. x

I had cramps for a while but nothing unbearable. I have light regular periods now.

I had one. Was a bit of cramping when dr did it and i bled for about a week. I have to say i regret haing it. I had it taken out few months after having it in cus my period went on for 2 weeks at a time and had cramping every month. Plus we having been trying for another baby and now its been 2 years and nothing and i feel its cus of that. Like i feel its done damage inside.

well got it done. Wasnt too bad getting it fitted (prob having 2 babies close together helped).

Bit crampy at first but now full on bleeding. Didnt realise you wernt meant to use tampons straight away so hope I havent caused an infection.

Stupidly did a google and read some horror stories...so hoping it all turns out ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->