Copper iud lost in abdomen anyone else gone through this?

MrsDNeil

Reaction score
Hia as title says I have a lost copper iud in my abdomen.
It perforated and is now living in a place called the pouch of Douglas which is inbetween uterus and bowel.
I discovered this upon trying to get iud removed to ttc.
Due to covid and me not being in pain they will not treat it as urgent so have been told could be up to a year worst case scenario.
They have said i can carry on ttc in meantime as fertility should not be affected.
If so why I haven't I got pregnant then?
I have no idea how long I've been having unprotected sex for as there was no pain when iud perforated. I've had coil in for 6 months and have just had 2nd period since stopping breastfeeding so I'm hoping the breastfeeding has hindered conception and the coil hasn't damaged me in some way.
Had anyone else been through this and successfully went on to have a baby?
Thanks, nicola.

Omg...... how could they not consider that urgent considering you have a foreign object stuck in your body???? If I was in your situation I'd be throwing an absolute tantrum. Covid-19 just seems like an excuse on their part. I don't know where you live but here in the United States hospitals are quiet, as long as you're not in one of the hot spots for Covid. I don't even know why they would tell you it would be perfectly fine to get pregnant, I mean that thing could push on anything cause all kinds of problems I'm sure.

You poor thing, I hope someone steps up and helps you. :hugs:

Last edited:
Gutted I thought someone had gone through similar. Even without covid they don't rush it through. Apparently unless in pain or getting infections it can be left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->