• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cord near neck ultrasound 24 weeks

Ashley25

Reaction score
Am I freaking out for nothing?? Did a 3d4d ultrasound today at 24w1d and say the cord was up in front of the babys face and then in the 3d pics it is draped on her shoulder very close to the neck and almost looks wrapped around her arm. Is this worrisome for compression or the potential to wrap around her neck??? I don't have another ultrasound at my doctor until 26 weeks and the tech today said "it's normal" but I know they can't say anything medically.

IMG_0819.JPG IMG_0820.JPG

My 19wk scan showed the cord in front of the babies face. I was concerned but tech and doc said it was fine nothing to worry about

I would only be concerned if I started to notice decrease in movement

Hope this helps.

Same here as loved, with my first pregnancy.

I wouldn't worry. Baby is still small and moving around everywhere. Chances are by now even she has moved and it's no longer in that location. If for some reason it stays, MANY babys are born with their cord wrapped around them. Both of my kids were. It just wasn't tight enough to be a problem. Nature has made them quite thick to keep them from knotting or getting tight easily.
You hear more frequently about the few times it does go bad, because people often write more posts about the bad. If you read the L&D stories, many mention that baby being wrapped, and some are wrapped and doctors don't even mention it because it was a non issue.

Thanks so much! if it were around her neck at 25 weeks what are the dangers or are they just in labor?

Thanks so much! if it were around her neck at 25 weeks what are the dangers or are they just in labor?

No one can say for sure. The cord is coated with a slippery substance. This reduces the risk of staying wrapped around any part and from being entangled. Chances favor everything being fine!

I had a scan at 25 weeks and the cord was around the babies neck. They wasn't concerned at all. As others have said. There's still plenty of room in there. And the chances of it still being there now are slim. I was rescanned 2 weeks later. Not because of that but because I was high risk and it was no longer around my son's neck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->