Cord resistance/poor flow - experiences?

Dinah93

Happy mum to two preemies
Reaction score
At 28+1 I've been told I have significant resistance through the cord, but it's not quite absent yet. Little man has dropped to around the 25th centile. Can anyone share their experiences with poor cord flow (mine is due to high blood pressure, but no signs of pre-e at present). How long till it got worse, how small your baby was at delivery etc? I don't know if this is something that can realistically continue for weeks or is likely to get worse very quickly.

That is what I had, it was intermittent flow, it didn't stop altogether but from 26w I was scanned 3 times a week, the goal was to get me to 32w. I had high BP too as well as diabetes (not GD). No Pre-e. I was measuring 27w at 29w so I went in for steroids and was given a section 2 days later at 29+4. She weighed 2lb 1oz. Up until a few months ago she was measuring under the 0.4th percentile (now on the 2nd) but all is well, she's just in miniature.
How are you getting on?

Hey cord resistance was noticed on me at 29 weeks so i was checked twice a week as they wanted to get me to 37 weeks. They delivered my gorgeous little boy at 37+4 weighing 6lb 5 oz. the weeks leading up to the delivery the cord wud get better for few weeks then go to increased again

Hi Dinah
Mine was a nuchal cord which was discovered on my 34 week scan and baby had to be delivered at 34+3 because of his heart rate dropping as well, I was also given steroids shot. Baby is doing well at home with me after a 7 day stay in nicu. He weighed 5.8 lbs. I was told he could untangle himself but didn't want to take a chance because of the heart rate.

In the end my lad only made it 7 days inside before reverse flow was seen and he had to be delivered, however he had a fairly smooth 63 day stay coming home just before 38 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->