Cost effective foreign holidays?!

Pearls18

Reaction score
Would you say it's cheaper to do an all inclusive resort, or to do a villa/flight/car hire/self catering thing? School holidays. Obviously it'll depend on quality etc, which is why I'm wondering if a villa would be more cost effective if a nice resort is just too pricey in summer?

We always go All Inclusive purely because for us, it works out cheaper.

I refuse to do cooking on holiday....it's not a holiday if you are still doing everything you would at home imo.

Self catering can be a cheap way if doing things but it all depends on what you want out of it/where you are going/local prices.

I like that we are not forking out for snacks, drinks, ice creams etc as these all add up & we are not checking how much money we have left.

I never go all inclusive. I find it very restrictive and also problematic if the food isn't up to much. I wouldn't go self catering either, I never cook on holiday, we always eat out.

I suppose their are pros and cons of each way but I would put the choice and freedom of buying meals as you go over the cheaper (possibly) cost of an all inclusive.

All inclusive all the way for us, we just make sure we do our research before hand, the food was amazing on last holiday, loads of choice, themed nights, and the kids could eat ice cream and have drinks Til their hearts content.
We have 5 children and it was the most cost effective for us, also saved trailing the streets 3 times a day for food, and I refuse to cook.

We have done all inclusive and self catering. I actually found self catering much less stressful as we didn't have to have set meal times and if the kids got restless they could go off and play while we finished our food. I imagine that the older the children the better all inclusive would be as they could sort out their own plate of food and sit still. Mine are 2 and 3 and it's a big ask to have them sit still in a restaurant 2-3 times a day every day.

We've done both in recent years and both have pro's and con's. However, we prefer self catering. We hired a caravan with eurocamp and made our own breakfast and lunch and then ate out in the evening. I'm another who doesn't want to cook on holiday. I do think all inclusive is more cost effective though, unless you do decide to cook you own meals in the evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->