cost of caterers vs hotel reception

flosie

Reaction score
We're hoping to have a very low budget wedding and I'm trying to decide if we'd be best with hiring a hall and using a caterer or using a hotel for the reception. We'd have approximately 100 guests and just want a basic buffet. Does anyone have any ideas on UK costs for these options?

I am having a buffet for 100 it has 3 hot meals (a variety of meals to choose from) and lots of finger foods and it is £479 they don't do dessert so i will be purchasing desserts from costco m&s and morrisons.

if your looking on doing buffet yourselves try m&s my brother and sister in law used them to do my nephews christening food

Hope this helps :)

I'd expect using a hotel would almost certainly be more expensive as you'd be tied into using their catering and not able to shop around as much.

It depends really, for just food the hall option would be cheaper but you might have to factor in decorating it which might push the cost up a lot.

I went for a pub with a function room who does the catering so its not as expensive as a hotel but no need to decorate like you would s hall.

Usually for a hotel you will be looking at £15-20 per head for buffet food. But like pp said - you would have costs of decorating a hall yourself, plus linen, glassware etc. xx

Thanks for the replies, we're thinking of hiring tge events room of our local social club so there would be a bar and we'd either cater ourselves or hire a caterer. We just need to look into costs. The hotel option just seems quite expensive

Have a look for an in between option. The caterers I looked at wanted £8 a head for a buffet to include crockery and cutlery or a could pay £11 a head for a beef carvery.

I could have done it cheaper but would rather pay a little more and not have to do anything on the day myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->