Cost of neutering a cat (UK)?

shellideaks

Mummy to 4
Reaction score
I have a female cat that is 1 next month and she's just came in to heat for the first time. She's an indoor cat so getting pregnant isn't an issue but she is clearly frustrated at the moment and mewing all the time (not to mention presenting herself to my 6 year old son!).

So I'm gonna get her spayed asap but was just wondering if anyone had any idea on cost? My last cat was male and he was neutered years ago for around £25. I'm guessing it costs more for a girl and has increased in price since then too?

I dont know about cats but my dog is gunna cost me 120 and thats with a discount lmao. I would expect it will probably cost you around 70 at the most for a female cat x

females cost quite a lot more. prob around £75 x

We got quoted about £80 but that includes the op,the meds and the collar..always get the collar...one of my cats came home without one and pulled out half her stitches overnight :sick:

between £70&£80 i would say.. & like pp said ensure you get her a nuce attractive lampshade! lol

they wont do until shes out of season though.
xx

I had mine done at my local vetsforpets for £47 that was it with no discount too, also included a follow up appointment for her & all her meds & you could go back and get a collar if you needed one but my cat didn't touch her stitches :flower:

Thanks everyone :) Think I'm gonna ring around a few local places and get prices. Have already emailed cats protection about it so waiting to hear back from them. She's driving me mental with all the noise lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->