costs

O

onemorebabe

I got a few quotes from local MW's I will have to comeout of pocket 3000 insurance will not cover homebirths..
Would I probably wind up paying close to that if I delivered in the hospital after insurance? I hate that it comes down to money as how I have to base this decision...bla... thinking and weighing options... Really want to do a home birth!!

Totally depends on your insurance. I wound up with a csection the first time after a failed induction. We payed $2000 for the hospital stay (it would have only been $500 if it was a straightforward vaginal birth) and a total of $1400 in office visits and lab fees. This time we're planning a homebirth for $4500 along with $200 for a birth tub rental, about $350 in lab fees and approximately $200 in supplies for the birth. I think that's everything...

For me, weighing the highly likely repeat csection vs the more likely vaginal birth is making a huge difference. Although, tbh, the thought of an emergency csection or rcs cost ON TOP of the homebirth fee if a hbac failed, really made me question whether or not it was the right decision. I suppose I'll find out in the next month or so!

It's a tough decision, and definitely not pocket change when you consider all the other costs that will come with adding a member to your family.

Find out what percentage of delivery costs your insurance will pay. Some (miraculously!) pay 100%, but most only pay 80-90%. If you are someone in the 80-90% range, it's likely to be similar, give or take a few hundred.

It is 80 % and i called the hospital today and found that they charge 10,000. for NARURAL VAGIANAL non complicated deliveries.. Not including what the baby dr. will charge and the OB will charge.. And the ins cap is 3000 then they cover 100%.. so either way looks like I would be charged around 3000 anyway... I am going to talk to DH tonight but he said if the costs were close he would not be aposed to HB with MW....ekkk getting ecited!!

If your midwife is like mine the $3k covers all prenatal visits (once a month til 28 weeks I think - then every two weeks until 36 weeks, then once a week) and the first few baby checkups as well - so, depending on your insurance this is another bunch of co-pays that you won't have to pay :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->