cot bumper

trish1200

Reaction score
Do you use them? I've read somewhere that they're dangerous for young babies. I was thinking of getting it, but now i'm confused.

they say to take them off once baby is 6 months old but then they also say baby should stay in your room till 6 months

doesnt make sense to me because by the time they are old enough for their cot the bumpers have to come off so waste of money

And they cant use the duvet till 12 months very pointles if u want it all matching

theyre fine as long as u make realllly sure they are tied on properly, its in case the baby pulls them off and it suffocates them...if they are tied on well then the baby wont be able to pull it off and there is no problem

I have them... They are knotted on and tucked bettween the rails and mattress... Wobbles had a cool idea of weaving them around the corners of the crib.

I have them... They are knotted on and tucked bettween the rails and mattress... Wobbles had a cool idea of weaving them around the corners of the crib.

i love wobbles idea she had a full bumper all the way round the cot its what i want cant find it though

we have the bumper tied on tight, and maddi still uses it :) she went in her own room after 6months. i like the idea of weaving though x

We have one but i guess its more for decoration purposes than of any use because she doesnt sleep in her cot yet lol

My girls still use them and they're 12 months, I've found if I take them off I have to go in there and unstick legs and arms from between the bars with a screaming baby!!

Charlotte has had her bumper in the crib since day one and she's had blankies in there with her as well and she's perfectly fine. She has rolled and had her face smashed into the bumper, but was breathing just fine...and if she can roll INTO the bumper she can roll away from it if she needs to far as I'm concerned. :)

I think as long as it is secured well it would be fine to have a cot bumper. x

We have to use them because Kathryn's arms and legs will get caught in between the bars since she rolls and wriggles all over her crib. And she's always smashing her head against the headboard and corner, so at least with the bumpers its softer.

do you ladies put bumpers at top & bottom or just at the top , i haven,t brought bumper yet as was to scared . xx

i took mine of as i have a hooligan who pulls them off anway x

I have one, but its never needed/used :dohh: waste of money XxX

we had one but took it off months ago, Hannah kept playing with it. Actually don't use any of her bedding now :rofl:

Max still uses them now , Ive removed them a few time thinking he was ready but he kept getting his arms and legs stuck and then screamed bloody murder so there back in :)

I took Coltons off awhile ago. I used it when he was smaller, well.. any time he went in there because he mostly cosleeps.
You are supposed to take them off around six months when LO learns to stand/pull themselves up because they could potentially climb on it and fall out of the crib.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->