Cot bumpers

xHx

Hayley, Mummy to Olivia
Reaction score
For the third time running I have woken up to find Livvy has pushed herself to the top of her cot, lifted her cot bumper, pulled it over her face and gone to sleep!

I know it sounds funny but I am worried she is gonna suffocate herself.....I have thought about taking th bumper off but she will then bang her head?

What do you guys do????

If she is getting underneath the bumper hun i would be tempted to take it off.

We took ours off as soon as Hannah learned to roll over. They do make mesh cot bumpers and I think we're going to look into one of those, because Hannah is always sticking her feet/arms through the bars

I weave mine through the bars ....

https://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w286/wobble_wobble/IMG_0913.jpg

https://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w286/wobble_wobble/IMG_0915.jpg

I have mine tucked down bettween the mattress and bars and knotted.... the corner bars on her crib have curves to the so I can make the bumper super tight.

nah i wouldnt remove it connor did the same and summer does it now and there both fine :)

i've never had a bumper. he wouldnt hit his head that hard surley?And if he did he wouldnt do it again.

I read about them being dangerous and decided I didnt want one.

i have removed mine as hermione does this in her small crib and it scared the life out of me. a few bumps i can deal with but sufocation i cant. she now hangs an arm out of each side of the bars when she sleeps it is quite funny, but this stops her moving up the cot... so no bumps yet.

do what you feel comfortable with, what will you worry more about?

i have also had to put hermione in sleeping bags as she wriggles so much she ends up under the blankets as well as was worried about suffocation (her cot is on a 30 degree angle as she has reflux) so moving around is easy for her.

i've never had a bumper. he wouldnt hit his head that hard surley?And if he did he wouldnt do it again.

I read about them being dangerous and decided I didnt want one.

same here jack has only been out of moses basket & in cot the last 2 nights & im not putting a bumper on as ive heard there dangerous too ,

i would take it off hun defintley esp if he is covering his face with it . violet xx

To each their own, there is an opinion of what is dangerous and not for everything and its controversial... Same with co-sleeping, some advise it is a sids risk, some say its safer.... its the same with bumpers.

Thanks guys! I never heard they were dangerous before although I can kinda see why now!!!

Wobbles - weaving sounds like a brilliant idea - gonna try that!! x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->