Cot from birth?

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
Anybody put their baby in a cot from birth?

Just wondering if its safe etc?

I did it with all 3 of mine, as long as their in the feet to foot position then it's fine.

Yup we did it and they've been absolutely fine. Certainly cheaper than messing about with moses baskets that only last a few weeks (can you tell I'm a Yorkshire woman? :lol:)

Yep it should be completely safe if like masi said they're in the feet to foot position. The only reason I'm going to be using a moses basket is because I can keep him right next to me while I'm sleeping to save getting up when he needs feeding.

Yup we did it and they've been absolutely fine. Certainly cheaper than messing about with moses baskets that only last a few weeks (can you tell I'm a Yorkshire woman? :lol:)

Yorkshire woman here too!! I agree whats the point of messing about, when they can go straight in a cot.

I like a moses basket so that they can sleep in the same room as you - we're saving our moses basket for the next baby so getting all the use out of it.

You can use a cot from birth though.. they must look tiny in the cot lol.

thanks girls,

Tilly, Rhys' old cot is in our room anyway and now hes got his nice new toddler bed in his own room then the cot is just gonna be sat there unused.

We really dont have space for the cot and the moses basket in our room too so i think i will put baby in the cot straight away, if i dont feel comfortable once shes here i think ill put the moses basket in the cot instead of on the stand.

all of mine have gone straight in the cot its perfectly safe like the other girls said feet to foot it'll be fine.

I had my LO in a bassinet up until a few days ago. She slept terribly in the bassinet and only enjoyed it for short naps... since putting her in the cot she sleeps a lot more soundly at night. I'm sure putting them in a cot from birth is quite safe.. I feel more comfortable with her in there then the bassinet because she's starting to squirm around and gets too close to the edge for my liking... with the crib she can't get to the edge because theres too much room :)

Now I just keep the bassinet in the living room with me so she can nap in it during the day and have her sleep in the cot at night.

I did we had no problems, and we co-slept as well :)

this might sound dumb.... what is "feet to foot" position?

Babies feet should always be at the foot of the cot
Thats so they can't wriggle under the covers, because they are already, at the bottom of the cot? Does that make sense?

Goldlion, is the cot in the same room where you and your husband sleep?

As far as i know its fine so long as you put them in the feet to foot position. We didnt put Oliver in a cot from birth purley because we couldnt fit it in our bedroom. Plus Oliver was a very insecure baby and i dont think he would have slept in a cot being so tiny when he was born. He's more snug in a moses basket. x

thanks girls,
if i dont feel comfortable once shes here i think ill put the moses basket in the cot instead of on the stand.

thats sounds like a good idea and bay will be used to cot straif=ght away as well so no messing trying to get then to sleep in.:happydance:

my wee girl has been in her cot since 3 days old as she didnt like her moses basket:dohh: she looks sooooo wee but its sweet :D

bought a moses basket as my boys both had them but she had other ideas and wouldnt settle in it so tried the cot and walla slept fine since:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->