Cotton vs fleece?

Eala

Mum of two gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I apologise if this is a totally stupid question, but I'm banging my head against the computer now trying to figure it out :lol:

Hubby and I are looking to swap from disposables to cloth nappies. We've had the kind loan of a couple to try from Arcanegirl :)hugs:), which are fleece-lined pocket nappies. We've also come across ones which are cotton-lined, and we have no idea which are better/what the difference is? Presumably the fleece will wick moisture away better, but I like the idea of having cotton next to her skin... We're going round and round in circles trying to decide :blush:

Am I over-thinking this? :rofl: Any advice gratefully received :)

fleece will stay dry next to her skin so is much better in my opinion, but i know some people prefer natural next to the babys skin, ive tried both and much prefer fleece

x

yeah def fleece, for the softness and dryness. besides, most liners are fleece x

I use BG Organics, which are cotton, and I like the idea of it next to her skin. But they get pretty wet. I use a fleece liner 90% of the time, and definitely overnight.

I haven't tried any cotton-lined nappies so I can't comment on them, but if you bought a few to try and didn't like them, you could always buy some fleece liners so you wouldn't have wasted your money :) They're only cheap and seem to be available everywhere.

fleece liners are so easy to make - I bought a fleece throw from Sainsbury's for less than £4 and cut out liners from it - I'd get many more than I could ever use from the one throw! when they get stained/stinky, I chuck them in the bin.

I also used up some more of the one blanket by making reusable wipes - I cut cheap cotton towelling tea towels from Primark into quarters then blanket stitched a piece of fleece to it. they are SO much nicer to use on a pooey bum, for me and baby (I wet it with warm water so it's nice for him, and the size means I never get poo on my hands either).

Little lambs fleecy liners are actually 100% cotton but they're gorgeous and wick moisture away somehow!

Oh I didn't know they were 100% cotton! I loooove the Little Lamb fleece liners, I have loads and the fleece ones I made were nowhere near as good. :D

They're soooo soft aren't they? I have no idea how they manage to wick away moisture being cotton, but they seem to and are lovely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->