cotton wool to wipes

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
when are u meant to change from cotton wool and water to wipes for cleaning baby's bum? is there a certain age u have to use cotton wool up till? wipes are easier but obv if its still gna be bad for leyleys skin id rather keep using cotton wool

x

its when ever you feel comfortable honey. wipes are sooooooo much easier, we changed around 1 week, for the next one i'd use the straight away (pampers sensitive)

i use the lotion wipes at night as they dont leave the skin wet only been doing that the last few days and he's 3 weeks today and i use cotton wool and water during the day dont think there's a paticular age.
x

I used cotton wool and water till Poppy was about 4 months old but most people I know switched to wipes after about 2 weeks! Just do whatever you're happy with. If you find that your baby has a reaction to wipes at first then just switch back to cotton wool for a bit.

thanks girls, think im gna stick to cotton wool for a little while and wipes when im out cos i used wipes for a few days and its made her bum all red! so im gna leave it for a while and see if it gets better and if it does i know i shouldnt use wipes

x

we've always used wipes... here most people dont bother with cotton wool anymore... the wipes are usually sensitive enough.

I use cotton balls with baby lotion to wipe Lexie. Don't know when I'm changing to wipes yet. :)

Have to admit i lasted with the cotton wool for 2 days!! I have a phobia about cotton wool so was having to put rubber gloves on each time i touched it!! I went onto the sensitive wipes, haven't had any problems but i just use a dry flannel to dab her dry afterwards!

I intended to use wipes form the word go but ended up using cotton wool for about 2 weeks id say then gradually went over to wipes.

Even now if she does a big poo i will use cotton wool rather than wipes, i find it helps to clean them up easier lol

when are u meant to change from cotton wool and water to wipes for cleaning baby's bum? is there a certain age u have to use cotton wool up till? wipes are easier but obv if its still gna be bad for leyleys skin id rather keep using cotton wool

x
you can use the pampers senistive hun i used these as soon as jack was born it says on them like using cotton wool & water . xx

thanks girls, think im gna stick to cotton wool for a little while and wipes when im out cos i used wipes for a few days and its made her bum all red! so im gna leave it for a while and see if it gets better and if it does i know i shouldnt use wipes

x
the wipes you used might be to strong i did this to start with but changed to pampers sensitive & ive never had any problems with these . xx

I use the pampers sensitive too :) never had a problem.

We used cotton wool for a month and then switched to Simple wipes. They are good for sensitive skin. Cormack has very sensitive skin but hasn't reacted at all!

We used nothing but cotton wool for the first 3 weeks, then gradually switched over to wipes. Now we use wipes all the time, but if Livvy's bum looks a bit red, we'll use cotton wool & water for a few changes.

that pampers sensitive one is the one i used, that and the huggies sensitive one, i think maybe her little bum is just not ready for it lol

x

im gunna use cotton wool for a week or so then will switch to sensitive wipes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back