could ppl share their birth plans please

karenh24

3rd tri
Reaction score
Hey everyone im just thinking about writing my birth plan and im not really sure where to start so was hoping you lovely ladies would share your plans

I've not done mine yet but planning on putting that I don't want to give birth on my back (make my spd worst), epidural for pain relief, don't want any other drugs for pain relief, skin to skin straight away.

I havnt got one lol I didnt with DS either!

I have to choose vbac or section soon tho x

I didn't have any plans for none of my births and don't with this one either. The only "plan" is no pain relief again and unaided as much as possible

I've not done mine yet but planning on putting that I don't want to give birth on my back (make my spd worst), epidural for pain relief, don't want any other drugs for pain relief, skin to skin straight away.

This was pretty much my plan, i want an epidural, skin to skin straight away and everything being ok i want a quick discharge, i don't think im asking for too much.Just wasn't sure how to actually put it down think i may try going through the nhs plan they have online

I'd never heard of a birth plan until I was on this forum. I haven't had this mentioned to me either by the mw (I can't imagine them bothering with it here in Spain!). So, my plan is just to go along with how things are going at the time of labour, what the experts advise and recommend, and take it step by step because I suppose you never really know what's going to happen x

I also agree that keeping an open mind is paramount, and having been a doc on a labour ward keeping them short, and to the point is very important. Honestly no one has time to read a three sided plan...or can remember it in great detail, I once came across one where there were over 50 words that weren't allowed to be used in the room during labour or birth by anyone, that type of thing is unrealistic for everyone involved in delivery to adhere to and will only lead to disappointment.

However there is nothing wrong with having an ideal, and what you would like given the choice.

Mine is basically the same this time as my last:-

Labour at home with TENS until pain becomes too intense.
Hospital using gas and air, and birthing pool as pain relief for rest of labour and delivery.
Avoid pethidine/diamorphine.

And changes from last time now include-
Oxytocin straight after delivery for placenta, as I had a retained one last time.
Gas and air before postnatal vaginal examination.

And most importantly:-
Please undertake any necessary forms of intervention if there are any sign of fetal distress
immediately, in order to deliver baby safely.

X

I was just going to bullet point them in my notes. I think there's a section.

hi ...i found this one (attached)on another site and thought i would just print it and tick my preference ... give one to my Dr and another to the nurse during labor....

Attachments

• birthplan_pdf.pdf
    135.2 KB · Views: 10
I dont really have a plan as such. would like to be in the pool if possible but am happy to just go along with what is best at the time. i would like my oh and my mum there and thats about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->