Could someone please clarify......

jojo2605

Mom to Sam & Dylan
Reaction score
would someone be able to clarify the sitting Issue for me please?

I'm a bit confused on this one as my LO can sit well with me holding his lower body but if I was to put him on the floor then he would just slump forward!!

I know this is part of the criteria for weaning and although I don't intend to wean for a few more weeks, I can't imagine my LO being able to sit up on his own by that time? Yes if he was in a highchair and supported correctly, but not actually on his own?

Thanks!

P.s. I posted this in response to a post in the TW v BLW but don't hold out much hope of it being noticed in there!

I responded in the other thread hun.

For BLW, LO needs to be able to sit well, whether that's with support or not. It doesn't have to be unaided.

If he can sit upright on your lap, that's fine. If he can sit upright in his highchair, that's fine.

If he can sit unaided and completely straight, that's also fine!

HTH x

I responded in the other thread hun.

For BLW, LO needs to be able to sit well, whether that's with support or not. It doesn't have to be unaided.

If he can sit upright on your lap, that's fine. If he can sit upright in his highchair, that's fine.

If he can sit unaided and completely straight, that's also fine!

HTH x

Aw thanks Hun I didn't notice!!! That's great, just at the moment can't imagine being able to hold himself up!! We don't know what he's like in a highchair yet but he sits well on my lap so hopefully in the next few weeks that will improve!

you have a few weeks yet, from my experience once babies learn to start sitting the grasp the whole thing on their own pretty quick xxx

Yep its sitting even if that's with a bit of support in the highchair.
Izzy was 8 months before she could sit on the floor and not topple to the side!

Excellent question! I was wondering this very same thing. Emma sits without me holding her but she is slumped forward. :dohh: I was wondering if I'd be able to start BLW yet or not since she is a 'slumper'. :haha: But she sits straight with support so I think I'm good to go!!

I started weaning Seren at 6months and she couldn't sit up unaided until 7months. At first I used to put her in her little bouncy chair and feed her in there, then I got a bumbo and a tray which was a godsend

I was just about to ask this very same thing! He's been sitting well for ages now but as soon as he's not supported he just slumps to the side. He thinks it's hilarious! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->