councilling

nikki2512

Reaction score
hi all,just wondering if you thought you would benefit/needed councilling over your childhood,how would you go about getting it?

I've needed counseling before, for various issues as an adult (around relationships, life etc...)-- and I'm currently seeing someone (started because my Mom was sick and I was having a really hard time dealing with those emotions)... and tbh, I've always found it so helpful. A lot has to do with the person your seeing. The one I have now is fantastic. It's always been helpful- but more productive if you find the right counselor for you.

I would highly recommend... and just look into people in your area (if insurance covers it they should offer a list of contacts in your area for you)-- and find someone that specializes in what you need- i.e. family counseling or general counseling....

For me, my insurance pays for most of it. So I went to their website, found a group near by and called and asked questions. If you do see someone, I'd give it 2-3 appts to see how it goes- if you feel you want to see someone else, then they should be able to refer you. I was refered to my current counselor from a prev one when he moved- and honestly, it worked out even better.

Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->