couple of quick questions

K

keelykat

When can I give Elliot peanut butter? (he's 11 months). We have no history of nut allergies if that makes any difference?

Sausages-if i buy decent quality ones from a butcher, are they ok for an 11 month old to eat? (ive made my own chicken sausages in past as i worry about what goes into things!)

I've been buying baby cereals up to now, but what adult cereals would be ok for him? I assume weetabix would be ok as there's no salt?

What fruit would you suggest as finger foods? Elliot will not eat banana-its too slimey for him and he gags! I usually give him fruit pots/puree type things. He has vegetables with his meals, so not worried about that.

He loves feeding himself, so finding foods that dont fall apart is good!

keely.

Boiled carrot is a good finger food and fish fingers :)

Peanut butter is a good food for kids if there's no allergy. People panic and think that coz some kids react to stuff then no kids should eat it but that's not the case at all. I'd use smooth peanut butter as the chunky one could pose a choking hazard still.

This is great site.....

https://nutrition.preschoolrock.com...the_good_news_about_this_preschooler_favorite

Sausages are fine as long as they're good quality, I tend to take the skin off if it's a bit tough as they can gag on it. Debbie and Andrews sausages are great and have a very high meat content. All sausages have a small amount of preservative in them as they're a minced meat and would go a nasty brown colour if they didn't have it in.

Fruit....grapes chopped in half and half again, apples either sliced or peeled, cored and kept whole so baby can hold it, pears:shrug:

What about melon for finger fruits?? Like cantaloupe, honeydew.. ??

papaya and mango are good for finger foods - cut into wedges
apples you might want to lightly steam first so that they are a bit mushy, ripe pears are good - both cut into wedges
melon is quite good, watermelon is nice and squidgy so will mush up well if LO has no teeth - just remember to take out the pips

Thanks for the suggestions, he has 8 teeth and is getting quite good at chewing now! :)

My baby gets peanut butter and sausages, and loves both!

Cereals- usually he has mini shredded wheats or the ones filled with raisin/ blueberry/ apricot etc. He gets these as a finger food after they have been softened in milk in his bowl. Porridge, weetabix if he gets spoon fed.

Other finger foods- he loves raisin & cinnamon bread, pancakes, also slices of cheese, mandarin orange segments, fish fingers, breadsticks, tuc crackers.. lots of stuff. A mixture of small things on his tray to pick up (like half a grape or peas) and big things to hold and chew (bread, sausage) is good I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->