Couple Q's for Moms who went through the ADOS process

Tiff

LIKE A BOSS
Reaction score
Looks like Claire will be having a Psych Evaluation the week before she has her ADOS. If there's enough there the Psych *could* give us a diagnosis but we're not overly holding our breath on that one.

Did anyone else have a Psych Eval before the ADOS? If she does give Claire a Dx does that mean we don't have to do the ADOS? :shrug:

The evaluation is Oct 2 and her ADOS is October 10th.

I am sorry I dont know this yet, but I will be follwoing this thread with great interest x

Anything I can do to help! :flower:

The worst feeling is not having any clue what to expect. :(

Hi

My son was seen by an educational psychologist before his assessment but I dont think she is able to give a diagnosis. She was more to do with seeing how she thought he would cope in nursery, whether or not he would be better suited to a mainstream or special nursery.

But its likely a different way of doing things here x

Thanks! :flower:

Yeah this lady is capable of giving a diagnosis but I still doubt that she'd be giving one after one session. :wacko: Especially with our ADOS the next week.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. So effin' tired of waiting. :growlmad:

I had a developmental pediatrician, well, two of them, tell me my daughter had a pervasive development disorder. I also had three speech therapists and an OT also say that she likely had ASD. I only had one person, well two, but he later changed his mind...who said she did not...but not an actual 'psych exam'. These were from constant therapy and assessments. The child neuropsychologist did ALL the diagnostic testing, including ADOS for verbal AND nonverbal (as she was starting to say a word or two) and at the end, she had scored in the ASD range for both the nonverbal and verbl testing and all the other observations and the questions we were asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->