Cow & Gate formula fed.....

sunshine03

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Hi,
My 2 week old is really constipated at the moment, he started off really well and passing normal stools but for the past week he's been passing yellow pebble like poo's - his last 'proper' poo was Wednesday and then before that Sunday.
My HV adv to give cooled boiled water which he seems to take ok and we also dropped a scoop of milk from one feed a day as per their advice.

Does anyone else have this problem.....any advice at all? X

I had this problem with dd2.
She was originally on c&g cartons from birth but after a few weeks I switched to the powder formula. Her poo became more solid and less frequent. I found what helped me was 1-2 feeds per day of carton formula with the rest powder. The liquid formula is supposed to have more laxative type effect to help them go easier. Also 1-2oz per day of cooled boiled water will also help. xXxXx

I tried Cow and Gate with both of mine. DS was constipated as was DD, I thought DD's was the change from breast to bottle but as soon as I put them on Aptimal the constipation stopped :)

I used Aptimal with my DS1 and from what I remember I didn't have any problems....why I didn't use it this time I have no idea!! Just though with cow & gate been cheaper if give that a try! Tried the 1-2oz of cooled
Boiled water and doesn't really have any effect. HV also told me to drop a scoop of powder from one feed a day but that hasn't helped! Going to ring the HV tomorrow morning and see if she has any other suggestions but looks like a change to Aptimal is what I might need to do! X

I used aptamil from birth and had constipation issues or thought we did. Spoke to HV who advised FF babies poo less and only really considered constipated if they haven't gone for a week as formula takes longer to break down.

Also babies have to learn how to use the muscles in their bowels/ intestines which can take a few weeks.

We found she regulated to once a day at 7 weeks and before that we would bicycle her legs and do belly massage to help her go if she seemed to be struggling. We also gave 20 ml of cooled boiled water twice a day between feeds.

We did change to C&G at 12 weeks due to expense, no problems on it so far.

So we changed to aptimal and within 24hrs my son was back to normal and pooping like a 3 week old should.
I know they say the 2 milks are made in the same factory and are the same but there must be some difference!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->