Cows Milk Issues?!

Babybump87

Reaction score
Ive posted before about DD2s issues with cows milk and we had up until recently stopped giving her it.

Last few days ive tried to wean her onto it again giving her 2oz of cows milk then 5oz formula. Ive only been doing this with her morning milk .

-She's had really loose sloppy smelly nappies with some kinda mucus in it.
-Red bum
-rash/dry skin outbreak all on her tummy.

She seems fine with formula, cheese and yoghurt but I am unsure if it could be a reaction from the cows milk?!.

Any had this in their baby?!. DD1 was no issues with cows milk weaned no problem .

Thanks

Just browsing this part of the forum because I was curious to see what's to come and I thought I'd answer this.
Naturally humans are lactose intolerant, however a lot of people aren't due to evolution. You see in countries where farming is less of a thing that there's a higher concentration of lactose intolerant people because generation after generation isn't exposed to it.
Cow's milk is ideally meant to grow a baby calf into a huge ass cow, so not purposely designed for humans.
Have you thought about trying a plant based milk and seeing if your baby gets on better with that.

Thanks alot for your reply. I took her the GP for some advice.

Said she's got an intolerance to cows milk and to try her on a different milk. Going to have a little look and see which one is best to start off with !!.
Thanks!

Dd has milk/soy protein intolerance. It's not an intolerance to the sugar (lactose) but to the actual protein. She's 16 months now and still can't handle milk or cheese or yogurt. She can do tiny tiny tiny amounts of it baked in other things.

She has goat milk. Her intolerance was so bad as a baby I had to make her formula with a goat milk base.

Her symptoms when she has milk are loose yucky diapers, a scalded looking diaper rash, eczema and her nose gets really runny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->