Cow's Milk

welshcakes79

TTC + mum to Reebs
Reaction score
Is/Has anyone had trouble gettin their LO's to change from formula/boobie to cows milk??

Have tried with Rhiannon for the last week, just odd sips here and there but she doesnt pull a face as in "bleeugh" just she pushes her bottle/cup away and shakes her head..
Ive tried it cold from the fridge, room temp, mild hot and hot like her bottle..:shrug:

Has anyone got any tips

when she shakes her head i dont force her as i dont want her to assosiate (sp?) milk with "must" have it...

but i also dont know if im doing wrong as when she refuses it in her night time bottle i then offer her formula which she drinks...

x

No idea why, but have you tried mixing it with her formula so it tastes similar? maybe start with 1/4 cows milk and 3/4 formula and slowly change the amounts so she's just getting cows milk? x

ohhhh can you do that ??

Now there's a thought, cheers hun, :)

x

Wobbles did the whole half and half thing, maybe give her a PM. Sorry i have no advice my 2 love cows milk x

Can't see any reason why you shouldn't. Could even start with less than 1/4 if you need to - be sneaky about it and hope she doesn't notice! x

Do you give her the same bottle/cup as she had her formula in?

Bethanie took to cows milk instantly, so I can't offer you any advice there.. but she has always been fussy with the bottle/sippy cup she has her milk in - even now, she has her water/juice from a normal cup, but offer milk in a cup and she says "don't like it milk" lol.

Just an idea, sorry I can't be of much more help there.

Casen, my middle son, had a hard time switching too, we breastfed until he was 11mo, then he went on formula and at 13mo I started with the cow's milk but he really didn't drink it until around 15mo. It may sound crazy but the diff brands tasted diff to him so he would only drink certain ones and only if it was a bit warm. It took awhile to get him to take it but he finally did and now LOVES milk...he's almost 4 lol

When I stopped breastfeeding Toby at 9months he took to formula ok but was never "excited about it" IYKWIM? Always took a bit of forcing to have his bottle:hissy:.

When I switched him to cows milk a week before his birthday he guzzled it:happydance:. He carried on doing this ever since:happydance:

As someone suggested, maybe half and half to start with:hugs:good luck

Max is having half / half bottles and loves it , there was one time where I ran out of formula and gave him only cows milk and he loved it but still pulled a funny face lol

if none of the above works you could always mix it with a little spoonful of milkshake powder to take edge of the milk taste and thn slowly make it less powder xx

my friend gradually added more and more cows milk to the bottle of formula, it took about 3 weeks to a month i think to get to a full cows milk bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->