cracked and sore nipples, how long to heal?

mo0nangel

Cautiously expecting
Reaction score
I'm 6 days PP exclusively breastfeeding and it has been a battle since day one. I had a total melt down yesterday bc my nipples are so sore. Baby has a shallow latch and according to the nurse he might have a tongue tie. I've been working on fixing the latch but wonder how long will my nipples take to heal?? Has anyone been through this?

It took my LO 2-3 weeks to master latching! Lansinoh was my best friend!

I think a lot of us went through this. Yep, Lanolin is your friend.

Thank you! Glad to know I'm not alone in this. I've been using Lansinoh.

Had the same thing. Used lanolin after every feeding and they felt good again after a couple days! Take care of them and they'll feel better :)

Try a nice warm cloth over them, this really helps!

I used nipple shields when my nips were really bad. Just one day using them made all the difference. I also pumped and fed her from a bottle once a day to give my boobs a break. Admittedly this isn't recommended due to nipple confusion but it worked for me. My boobs and nips feel totally fine now and I am exclusively bf. My little girl is 2 weeks old. I also used lanisoh before and after every feed. My daughter had tongue tie and the first week was bloody awful but by about day 10 things were much much better.

I agree with the lanolin... I also use the nipple cream from asda with lanolin and find it helps more then the lansinoh. And luckily the asda one is in the baby event on sale for £3. Use it before and after every feed. Still quite painful when she first latches on but once the stretching of the nipple has passed its much better. Also cold and warm compresses will help

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->