Cradle cap in my toddler?

Aphy

Reaction score
I just noticed my 25 month old toddlers scalp looks like it has what looks like cradle cap, only it’s brown and not yellow. Anyone seen something similar? He had cradle cap as a baby and it took forever to disappear but have never heard of a toddler having it. Suggestions pls!

C5777381-9ECF-4037-8E26-D34A806EFA91.jpeg

While I haven’t personally experienced cradle cap in my children outside the infancy stage, it can happen in toddlers. I’ve always rubbed a bit of coconut oil on the scalp and used a soft brush or comb to life it off the scalp. Coconut oil is known for its antibacterial and antifungal properties, so I find it beneficial in more ways than one. Hope this helps and the cradle cap doesn’t stay for long.

Thank you, will give that a try!

My son had cradle cap as a baby that also took forever to go away. I used to wash his hair using that new frida baby brush thing and kind of got a kick out of combing it out because I’m gross. But it didn’t eventually go alway.

Then one day boom! Like a year later it just popped back up for a couple months. I just scrub scrub scrub during hair wash time. I did switch him to a new shampoo which does have coconut oil. Not because of the gunk but because he had curly hair. It did go away pretty soon after so idk if that’s related lol

I had cradle cap age 7yrs! Doctor said to use a tar based shampoo.

My daughter also got eczema on her scalp which looked a bit like scabby cradle cap - does your LO have eczema?

No eczema thankfully! We put coconut oil on and then used a brush designed for cradle cap and it worked brilliantly so seems its under control now

No eczema thankfully! We put coconut oil on and then used a brush designed for cradle cap and it worked brilliantly so seems its under control now

So glad the coconut oil and brush technique worked for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->