Cradle Cap

x-amy-x

Mammy
Reaction score
My mam insists that Caitlyn will get Cradle Cap soon and i've no idea what it is. What is it? What causes it? And is Caitlyn likely to get it?

I am really worried now :-S

xx

Josh has it, though it is going away now. I've used baby oil on his scalp and leave it for about 5-10 min when I give him a bath.

Here's more info:

https://www.babycenter.com/0_cradle-cap_80.bc

Don't worry hun, it is very common xxx:hugs:

cradle cap is yellow,greasy like scales that apperar on the babies scalp. it is harmless. never ever pick it off it will get infected. noone really know what causes it but it is thought to be linked with over active sebacecas glands which make oil in the skin. it not contageous. xxx

no not all what makes ur mum think caitlyn will ??/

apparently i had a bit when i was little... kinda upset me that she assumes she will get it

xx

Rhiannon had it from about 8 weeks old and its only in the last fortnight that its cleared competly (she is 24 weeks!!) it doesnt hurt them and you can help it along with a shampoo (cant remember the name but its sold in the supermarkets by the bonjela etc..)

i never had it as a baby neither did OH so just because you had it doesnt mean Cailtyn will get it... take what your prents & in-laws say with a pinch of salt hun, they live by the old fashioned ways (my mum was the same..sorry did i say was?..lol)

:hugs: x

Hey hun...don't worry, only because you had it it doesn't mean you LO will have it...me and my other half never had it however my LO has got it, he has had it since he was 4weeks old and he is now 8 weeks...i was also clueless when i was told about it...its harmless and apparently goes in its own good time...it is common butnothing to worry about...x

think its dentinox cradle cap shampoo xxx

callum had it quite bad but its gone now. i wouldnt worry about it, its not the most attractive thing but it does go away. nicole didnt get it until she was about 1.

Ciarans got it just now im doin everything i can to get i away lol

Jack has it too - we are using the dentinox shampoo & a cream from boots for cradle cap which is working really well.
https://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1029122&classificationid=1046384

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->