Cramping and BHs after cervical exam?

itsme122

Mommy to 1, Baking #2! <3
Reaction score
Hey ladies. Dont worry, I'm not asking if you think im going into labor or asking how long until i do. Just curious about others experiences. ;)

So I'm 38+1 today and my MW just did my first cervical exam this a.m. to check my goods. I was only 1cm dialated and she said the head wasn't very far down yet. She said I could be a candidate to go overdue (but still gave me the disclaimer that she can't predict labor and it doesn't mean I couldn't still go anytime).

I haven't experienced any spotting from the exam but I have noticed the frequency of period like cramps has gone up tremendously this afternoon along with Braxton hicks. I haven't bothered to keep track of times or patterns as I don't believe it's starting now. It's just rather uncomfortable.

Has anyone else noticed any changes after an exam? Did they eventually subside or remain until delivery?

Totally normal right after an exam I usually feel like I have a terrible uti it sucks but eventually goes away. And every time I've had an exam it's pushed out more of my plug and helped with dilation so maybe things will start speeding up for you so you don't go over due!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->