Cramping at 18 weeks

Talia12

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I'm 18 weeks tomorrow and woke up this morning with what felt like period-like cramping in the lower abdomen. I'm definitely not dehydrated (drinking like a fish), I've had two bananas and have been lying down all afternoon. It's still bothering me. I'm seriously crossing my fingers that it's a growth spurt before I finally get my bump, but I can't help being scared. Has anyone else had this? No blood, no unreasonable discharge. Just the period-like cramping and it's worrying me.

I get that too,its when Ive done to much. I was told normally its your ligaments that hold your uterus in place stretching and if you do to much (which varies widely what to much is from woman to woman) it can cause cramping. Im 18,almost 19 weeks,and Ive gotten cramps since the start of my pregnancy. Its just part of doing to much,if you have no discharge and the pain doesnt get worse/no heavy sensation down there then just rest and see if you get better with time. If you really are worried call your doctor to have your mind put at rest. If all youve eaten is bananas try eating a little more,hunger can cause me to have cramps:p

As long as there's no bleeding or severe pain, I wouldn't worry. :) Cramping is pretty normal. It always worries me when it happens too, but 2 days later I'm fine and baby is kicking away as usual. I attribute it to growing pains, or round ligament. You'll probably feel it throughout your pregnancy.

Thank you ladies! You put my mind at rest. It seems to have eased off now so I'm going to try and take it as easy as possible to avoid bringing it on again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->