Cramps and unable to pee or sit up?

Marumi

36, DS 7 and 2
Reaction score
Two days ago I wrote about pressure and a pulsating feeling down there which improved after a day however. I have a cold right now and since last night I have been noticing cramps when peeing. Idk if it is my bladder or my uterus but it hurts when I try to sit mostly. I also get shooting pains in my vagina. Any idea? Maybe some sort of infection? My bladder seems fine when I can pee...normal amount of water. But I've definitely had days where peeing was a bit difficult. I really need to focus sometimes to produce a stream.

My doctor won't open for another few hours so I am debating whether I should go to the ER. Just at the ER they keep you waiting long...last time I miscarried while I was waiting.

I would say you most likely have a UTI. Definitely go see your dr. Hope you feel better!

Two days ago I wrote about pressure and a pulsating feeling down there which improved after a day however. I have a cold right now and since last night I have been noticing cramps when peeing. Idk if it is my bladder or my uterus but it hurts when I try to sit mostly. I also get shooting pains in my vagina. Any idea? Maybe some sort of infection? My bladder seems fine when I can pee...normal amount of water. But I've definitely had days where peeing was a bit difficult. I really need to focus sometimes to produce a stream.

My doctor won't open for another few hours so I am debating whether I should go to the ER. Just at the ER they keep you waiting long...last time I miscarried while I was waiting.

I would agree it sounds like a UTI, though I also tend to have pain while peeing as well, but it could be that you're just less sensitive to it or the infection is higher up in the urinary tract/bladder. I wouldn't go to the ER, but I would either see your doctor today or take yourself to some sort of urgent care centre where we can be see fairly quickly. The longer to let it go, the worse they get and that can get excruciating, so worth getting it checked.

I got an immediate appointment at my doctors and it was neither a UTI nor BV...
She suggested to get off the progesterone now but we don't know why I am hurting. It still feels much like a UTI just very uncomfortable.
My pains worsened some and it actually started feeling like my uterus or bladder is on fire, including my right ovary so I called the ER. They said they can't test or so anything until the morning when the lab opens....I would jusy wait there until the morning. Great right? :nope:

I took one dose of penicillin, safest brand for pregnancy known in Germany and have been taking Grapefruitseedextract since yesterday night which is my first approach for a UTI or BV. Tons of water too of course.
If I don't feel much improved I will go into the ER at 8 AM when their stupid lab opens...:growlmad:

Could it be round ligament pain? I have a similar type pain sometimes, and my MW said that this is what it is. It can be SO painful when I sit down to pee, it almost makes me jump up off the toilet! Either way, I hope you figure out what it is ASAP!

When I had a non-pregnancy UTI many years ago and was peeing blood, I thought I had to keep flushing out my system by drinking more and more water even though it really hurt to pee. A doctor told me not to drink more than I needed to as it was just aggravating the infection. In general, if it hurts, don't do it.

I saw from googling that there is a connection between progesterone supplements and cervicitis which can cause pain and a burning feeling. There is a good chance the penicillin will help but the inflammation/infection isn't always bacterial. I hope you feel better soon! And get some answers!

When I had a non-pregnancy UTI many years ago and was peeing blood, I thought I had to keep flushing out my system by drinking more and more water even though it really hurt to pee. A doctor told me not to drink more than I needed to as it was just aggravating the infection. In general, if it hurts, don't do it.

Hm interesting. That is generally what they tell you but I did feel worse despite drinking a ton. I stopped now cause I could not bear peeing every 10 minutes.

I saw from googling that there is a connection between progesterone supplements and cervicitis which can cause pain and a burning feeling. There is a good chance the penicillin will help but the inflammation/infection isn't always bacterial. I hope you feel better soon! And get some answers!

Interesting...since it felt like pressure on my cervix before the burning started. Wonder if the test could detect it.
With the progesterone I sure felt an increased tendency for UTI's and vaginal yeast.

Could it be round ligament pain? I have a similar type pain sometimes, and my MW said that this is what it is. It can be SO painful when I sit down to pee, it almost makes me jump up off the toilet! Either way, I hope you figure out what it is ASAP!

My round ligament pains are higher up and more on the exterior...that is something really deep inside the core of my pelvis :( The ligament pains can hurt when I move too fast or get up at night but it feels very different.

Actually I think I have a bladder incontinence.
https://www.familydoctor.co.uk/unassigned-articles/incontinence-problems-with-emptying-the-bladder/

I just spent 10 minutes squeezing out small streams of urine with all the power that I have an squatting over the toilet. I actually had to stop bc there was no end to urine streaming out....This is really weird. I will have my bladder looked at tomorrow.

Strange, maybe doing kegel exercises will help strengthen your muscles!!

Also possibly pressure on your bladder or urethra spasms? I found these stories: sounds like your situation!

https://www.babycenter.com/400_diffic..._895396_593.bc

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion...ptying-bladder

https://welltellme.com/discuss/index.php?topic=11560.0

Thanks again pinkpassion ;)

Update:

So I am feeling almost normal this morning after one round of penicillin. The heavy feeling is almost gone, no more cramps, the burning is very minor. Now I'm debating who to see...
The ER may do some tests today but they don't do anything during the weekend so I'd have to wait until I can get an appointment next week to be checked more. They treat you as an outpatient unless you are dieing. I will have to pay too since I maxed out my insurance's coverage for these type of services.

I am thinking about seeing a GP. They could do an ultrasound on my bladder and empty it is needed.*
I think I managed to empty my bladder better pretty well last night. If I strain hard I get more out just I was afraid to strain

It does seem to be some kind of bladder problem for sure. Just what exactly I guess the GP will have to determine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->