Cranky on bottle

ronnie1234

One child aged five
Reaction score
Lo can get cranky on bottle arching back screaming crying but still want it! It seems to be more on after noon evening bottles. Fine on bottle in night & fine on morning bottles

We using tommee tippee. Yesterday I started checking air vent & after shaking bottle removing lid & replacing to make sure no air

It's awful seeing her so frustrated.

Unless tiredness could be a factor too as some afternoons she really doesn't nap much

I'd maybe look into reflux and silent reflux, it can cause LO to arch back and be in pain during feeds, but they are still hungry so keep wanting to drink. My son is on gaviscon and has been since 2 or 3 weeks old. I think lots of babies suffer with it, some lots worse than others, and they tend to grow out of it in time but that's not help when you're living through it. If you think it could be reflux after reading more about the symptoms etc speak to your HV or go straight to GP who should be able to help. We've also started using Dr Browns bottles, we were lucky as we got them second hand and they seemed to help but not a magic cure by any stretch. Some people also say mam bottles are good to.

Tiredness can DEFINITELY be a factor. My second generally won't accept the breast at all when she is tired and gets extremely frustrated when she does, but breastfeeds beautifully at night and when waking from a nap. I tend to wait until she is drowsy if she's hungry and tired at the same time and then feed her, as she finds it much easier then.

I've been looking at reflux & silent reflux but though some symptoms are similar not all. Some days she naps lovely & other days not so good.

We used dr brown before but no difference. I've heard about mam bottles being good.

I think tiredness could well be a factor too

So hard seeing her thrashing about but she can be so calm on a feed too

Our son trashed about as soon as we put him down to sleep, it went on for a few nights until the HV came and saw how utterly exhausted I was and sent me to GP and I broke down in tears there! But he's now 8 weeks old and much improved but not out of the woods yet. He's still feeding every two hours and I have to keep him upright for 30 minutes after a feed so pretty exhausting! I know he does get cranky now in the afternoons, it's just his fretful time, but a bath sorts him out. Sometimes they just have periods where they get stressed and upset at the sane time each day. How old is your LO?

Our son trashed about as soon as we put him down to sleep, it went on for a few nights until the HV came and saw how utterly exhausted I was and sent me to GP and I broke down in tears there! But he's now 8 weeks old and much improved but not out of the woods yet. He's still feeding every two hours and I have to keep him upright for 30 minutes after a feed so pretty exhausting! I know he does get cranky now in the afternoons, it's just his fretful time, but a bath sorts him out. Sometimes they just have periods where they get stressed and upset at the sane time each day. How old is your LO?

Aww bless you it must be tough but hopefully it will slowly get better for you.
My lo is 7 weeks. She goes down at night very easily at mo usually first time or sometimes one pick up put down sshh. I think the afternoon / eve is her stress / upset time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->