Craving food that’s not allowed!

fxmummyduck

Reaction score
Is anyone else craving foods from the list of things meant to be avoided?!!

I want to eat tuna (tinned) all the time at the moment! It’s driving me crazy!! I’ve allowed myself one tin but now I’m not allowed anymore for another month! Hopefully it will pass by then.

I’m trying to figure out what’s in it that I could be craving, I had some salmon the other night and it helped a bit with the craving but it soon came back.

Luckily my other cravings are fairly healthy, apples, cereal, peanut butter.

Ladies tell me all your cravings and how you’re coping!!

Are you in the UK? If you are they say you can have 1 tin of tuna a week. I haven’t craved anything I can’t have just yet but I’m sure it will pass! Have some fish fingers instead :haha:

Haha I love tuna! Midwife has said I can have a tin or two a week (it’s fresh tuna that’s not allowed in pregnancy)...my genius husband opened a tin, crumbled cooked potato into it, cucumber, spring onion and sweet corn, mixed with some mayonnaise and it lasted a few days (in the fridge in an airtight container). Was yummy 😍😍

Are you in the UK? If you are they say you can have 1 tin of tuna a week. I haven’t craved anything I can’t have just yet but I’m sure it will pass! Have some fish fingers instead :haha:

No I’m in the US (although I’m British) I think the guideline is one to two tins a month if you weigh between 120-140lbs!! My nurse the other day when I wasn’t feeling well told me to up my protein, but all I really want is the tuna!!! Ha ha!

Haha I love tuna! Midwife has said I can have a tin or two a week (it’s fresh tuna that’s not allowed in pregnancy)...my genius husband opened a tin, crumbled cooked potato into it, cucumber, spring onion and sweet corn, mixed with some mayonnaise and it lasted a few days (in the fridge in an airtight container). Was yummy 😍😍

Oh my, that sounds yummy!! I’m hungry again now!!!

I’ve been eating it with a little bit of mayo, a squeeze of lime and s&p, and maybe a drizzle of olive oil!

Oh my, that sounds yummy!! I’m hungry again now!!!

I’ve been eating it with a little bit of mayo, a squeeze of lime and s&p, and maybe a drizzle of olive oil!

Oh that sounds so tasty! I think you have to just follow your gut (pun intended!) sometimes. I found this online...
‘The FDA had released prior guidelines about safe fish intake, but the latest recommendations finally address tuna. Women of childbearing age, pregnant and nursing women, and children may:

* Eat up to 12 ounces a week of canned light tuna and other low-mercury fish, such as salmon, shrimp, catfish, pollock, and fish sticks.’

Make sure it’s the LIGHT tuna, not the WHITE though :) I don’t know how much 12oz is, but sounds quite a bit lol

I’ve been craving pure junk. Haribo Tangfastics and Super Noodles both of which I wouldn’t even touch before pregnancy! Wish I was craving fruit and veg. In fact the thought of carrots and broccoli literally make me gag!

Oh thanks for this!! So is light yellowfin tuna ok? But not the white albacore tuna. A normal size tin is 6oz so that’s two tins a week they’re saying is ok. Yay!!

Um YES big time, I love avocado rolls from this specific sushi place. Like I live off of these things, and I've asked my midwife twice about it I was so desperate, but basically because of the possibility of cross contamination from the sushi rice I'm not allowed to have any :( :( :(

The first thing I'm asking for after this kid comes out is a huge tray of avocado rolls.

I’ve been craving pure junk. Haribo Tangfastics and Super Noodles both of which I wouldn’t even touch before pregnancy! Wish I was craving fruit and veg. In fact the thought of carrots and broccoli literally make me gag!

That was me early on with sour patch watermelon! I can’t get super noodles here, but there’s been a few times I’ve really wanted some!

Um YES big time, I love avocado rolls from this specific sushi place. Like I live off of these things, and I've asked my midwife twice about it I was so desperate, but basically because of the possibility of cross contamination from the sushi rice I'm not allowed to have any :( :( :(

The first thing I'm asking for after this kid comes out is a huge tray of avocado rolls.

Sander make your own!! It’s not that hard, and quite fun learning how to make it, then you can have your avocado rolls at home!

I have been dying for an italian sub, but i dont want to eat it heated. Ugh, stupid rules.

My doctor told me it's totally fine to have sushi as long as it is from a reputable place. She even said it's ok to have raw fish on occasion just not often (again, from a reputable place). I've had sushi a few times since being pregnant from my favorite (and trustworthy) sushi restaurant but stuck to cooked rolls. You should be totally ok to have avocado rolls! It seems insane to me that she would say not to have that. I get being 'safe' but some of the stuff we hear to avoid while pregnant just seems like overkill.

I had weeks were I just wanted pate on a piece of warm baguette. I’m never usually fussed by it but apparently when I can’t have it I want it!

I really wanted Brie over Christmas too.

I have also eaten a few packs of super noodles for the first time since I was a teenager. They taste exactly the same. It’s amazing!

I REALLY wanted blue cheese on my salad the other day. The restaurant told me even the dressing was unpasteurized (which I don't understand.....isn't dressing super processed??!) so I had no blue cheese dressing either.

I'm also craving milkshakes but can't have softserve icecream!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->