craving rubber really bad help lol

Wriggley

Reaction score
hay all hope your all well

I know some people say that pregnancy cravings are normally due to your body needing a certain type of food

well I have a serious rubber craving atm I have literally gone running in to shoe shops sniffing everywhere which obviously makes me look like a crazy person

I make a bee line for tennis balls in shops and have a good old sniff

I had a pair of new shoes I refused to wear for ages as the new shoe smell was strong rubber and on Monday I carried a bike tire round the shop with me cos it smelt so so good

its really frustrating thou and I wondering if there something in my diet I am lacking that's causing this?

I craved tyres (and chalk) with my 2nd baby, i would lick them :wacko:

With 3,4,5 and 6 i craved grout, cement, gravel etc.

No cravings in this pregnancy- yet!

Craz!

Can't help on an answer for you but I used to laugh at my friend as she had a similar craving when she was pregnant.

Hers was for damp towels though. She's keep a few in a cupboard for when she needed them. Once her mum washed them and she literally broke down and sobbed

loraloo I have licked my hot water bottle lol I was not going to mention that but seeing as you said you licked tires I not only one that looks a bit strange lol

loraloo I have licked my hot water bottle lol I was not going to mention that but seeing as you said you licked tires I not only one that looks a bit strange lol

:haha:

I thought it must be related to low iron as in my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies i was anaemic, but in 4,5 and 6 i wasnt so i dont know what causes it :shrug:

I have a strong craving for the smell of an air freshener we have called lily of the valley I have it right by my bed and just keep smelling it when I'm out for the day I actually have withdrawals lol the moment I'm back home I'm straight to the air freshener sniffing away

LOL pretty funny. I have a paper that says if I have a strong weird craving like this to call and tell the doctor asap. I guess they dont want you licking rubber or rocks. LOL

Hey! A couple people already mentioned this, but I would say it's pica too...Sometimes people get strange cravings for things that are not food. I remember my doctor asking me with my last pregnancy if I'd had any cravings for things like soap, charcoal, etc.

I would let your dr. know and they can probably give you some suggestions.

Here's some interesting info https://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/unusualcravingspica.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->