cravings?

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
when did everyone start having cravings?
ive had cravings for crusty bread rolls with lots of butter.
hubby wont go and get me some,and he said ill get some tomorrow.
but thats tomorrow.

is it ever too early to have cravings?

I don't really crave anything in particular for long. More like I eat everything and have been much less fussy than usual. I found that I liked things like salt and vinegar crisps which I've always hated. I've always had "cravings" even before being pregnant though so I can't say I have pregnancy cravings. I have been through a phase recently though of eating lots of apples and drinking loads of milk.

I have been having loads of fresh orange juice and oranges, really fancy them at minute.

just within the past week i've started craving specific things...ritz crackers, vanilla soft serve ice cream, grilled cheese sandwiches.

The ice cream thing is funny for me, because normally I like the Ben & Jerrys with lots of chocolate, caramel, and chunky stuff. But now, the only ice cream I want is vanilla soft serve. DH has started planning on having to make the "daily craving run" as he calls it, to find whatever it is that I'm wanting that particular day...at least he's a good sport about it...

I never got mine til quite near the end, then I wanted beer and chinese curries..........it was awful, I would have killed for them :lol: I had a couple of weak shandy's to try and keep the lager craving at bay, and I tucked into a few chinese curries! Oh it was heaven!!! :)

I'm always craving Arby's roast beef sandwiches, laffy taffy and weight watchers breakfast sandwiches. All of these I have like before but only certain foods appeal to me, sometimes I have to force myself to eat 3 meals a day. Still feeling queasy (nausea).

i get them all the time... last night i wanted cookie dough ice cream.. so hubby bought it i ate 1 bite and said ok.. thats was good..

Last week I suddenly had to have barbeque flavour hula hoops - which I normally do quite like but would go for salt n vinegar or ready salted first. I hope it doesn´t continue because you can´t get them over here - it was only cos my mum had just been over that I had any in the cupboard. Its a bit far to send hubby back to England on a craving run!!

so far I don't crave. I'm mostly off foods, even things I used to lve and want to eat till it came out of my ears...:cry:

Last week I suddenly had to have barbeque flavour hula hoops - which I normally do quite like but would go for salt n vinegar or ready salted first. I hope it doesn´t continue because you can´t get them over here - it was only cos my mum had just been over that I had any in the cupboard. Its a bit far to send hubby back to England on a craving run!!

check online, am sure there'll be a british supermarket online or a local supplier of ENglish bits and bobs! Where there's a will there's a way!

I hope it gets better for you soon Tinytoes :hugs:

thanks Vickie! I can't even face taramasalata which is unheard of for me!!...ahh well, I'm just realising how difficult life is for fussy eaters. hopefully it wont last forever!

With my 1st baby I craved dulse & salad cream sandwiches (yuck!)....no cravings yet this time though I only have to think about sausages & it makes me retch!!

Last year, at about six weeks pregnant (ended in MC unfortunately) I had amazingly strong cravings for fruit and veg. I would eat three apples in a row, and could finish an entire bag of baby carrots in a sitting, then go make a salad. I didn't know I was pregnant at the time, just figured I was low on vitamins or something - generally any time I have a craving, I go with it, assuming my body knows best what it needs.
On that note, if you 'need' vanilla soft serve, or salt and vinegar crisps, or cookies, or cake, then I say go for it! Heck, even the pregnancy books say cravings can be your body's way of telling you what the baby needs - maybe s/he needs ice cream! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->