Cream free ice-cream?! WANTED

nightkd

Mum to two!
Reaction score
I'm looking for an ice-cream recipe that doesn't use cream. Milk is fine, but my mum can't eat cream and I can't because that doesn't come in a lactose free version!!

Soooo, a basic ice-cream recipe that uses milk, but no cream. Even substituted with coconut milk if that would work?

I'm looking to make some christmas/mincemeat ice cream for pudding on xmas day!!

xx

how about this one: - (substitute the half +half (light cream) with milk)

Coconut Icecream:

4-ounce piece fresh ginger, peeled + grated
2 - 14-ounce cans chilled unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup half and half
5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon grated lime peel
Pinch of salt

Whisk coconut milk, sugar, half and half, lime juice, lime peel, salt, and reserved 1/3 cup grated ginger in a bowl until sugar dissolves. Transfer mixture to ice cream maker. Process according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer ice cream to container; cover and freeze until firm, about 3 hours. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead.) Or put in a bowl in the freezer, and whisk every half hour until it is frozen. I'd serve with fresh fruit and crisp biscuits.

Or you can take any icecream recipe and use soy milk, if you like it - better with flavoured icecreams rather than vanilla.

or:

Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream

3 cups of unsweetened coconut milk (about two cans)
2/3 cup of cocoa powder
6 tablespoons agave syrup or honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Whisk cocoa powder in a small amount of coconut milk, until smooth. Then add the rest of the ingredients and whisk until well combined. Or dump all ingredients together and blend with a stick blender. Make according to your machines instructions - or do as above nad freeze in a bowl, whisking every 30 minutes.

I should say if you've never used American cup measurements - do NOT weigh ingredients instead. 1 cup = 16 tbsp. It's a volume measurement not weight, so just measure out 16 tbsp of whatever dry ingredient you are using and then mark a yogurt container or other cup/mug-like one and use that as a cup measurement, of course adding in 1/4, 1/2 and 1/3 measures as you go along - or make up individual containers for those measurements. Or just go and buy a set - they are only a few quid.

or:

Better Than Ice Cream

* 1/2 cup nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans, etc.) (optional)
* 1 cup frozen sliced bananas
* 1 cup frozen diced peaches or berries
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 to 1/2 cup nondairy milk like soy, rice etc.

Place nuts in food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add bananas and berries or peaches. Pulse until fruit is coarsely chopped. Add milk a little at a time through top of processor, and puree until creamy.

Makes 4 servings

Note: To freeze bananas, peel, slice, and spread on a baking sheet. Put in freezer for an hour or so, until hard. Transfer to freezer bag or container. For peaches, slice then and spread on baking sheet. Freeze as directed for bananas. Berries can be purchased frozen or just rinse them off and lay on baking sheet to freeze. Strawberries should be hulled before you freeze them.

I think you can just use bananas......... as peaches and berries are a bit expensive righ now..... add in a bit of cocoa as well....

Ooh! Thank you, I'll be giving those a go!!

Surely there's a basic vanilla recipe that's just made with milk, with no need for coconut or cream..... I'm just wondering if mincemeat would go with coconut milk? :D

Will defo try one of those for xmas though! Many thanks!!

xxx

I used to be a chef, and unfortunately, it's not possible to make ice cream without coconut cream or cream.

Have you considered using Goats Milk / Sheeps Milk (not sure if Cream is available of either of those, but could be worth a look). Otherwise, how about sorbet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->