• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crimewatch

Wafflewaffle

Reaction score
Just watched the crime watch program about Madeline McCann and it made me feel all scared and nervous :,(

It was horrible, and I know her parents received sharp criticism, but I couldn't help but think I would never have felt comfortable leaving my babies in a strange room in a foreign country alone. Also, in a situation where they were apparently checking the children every half an hour, it couldn't have been one which was particularly enjoyable or relaxing, which leads to the question of really what was the point?
I had goosebumps and hair standing on end the entire time.
Xxx

? why? I doubt any one on here is stupid enough to make the mistake they made, ESPECIALLY after all the publicity from this case.
They made the worst possible mistake and are paying the ultimate price.

It makes my blood boil when they said "we're not the ones who did anything wrong" they abandoned there 3 children so they could have a nice meal and drinks in piece
The worst happened but 30 mins is a long time for a 3 year old to wake up from a terrible dream and not have mummy or daddy to comfort them,
How many times have they done this?
And to think Maddie was the older child!
My mind boggles how two professional people could be so careless with three of the Most amazing gifts, there lucky all three weren't taken, and to realize that with one stroke of there pens could have the power to declare another parent unfit!, both being doctors.
If the mcCanns were from a low income family you can almost guarentee CPS would of been all over them, and possibly taken the twins into care, what they did was child endangerment and most defiantly illegal.
And I don't believe for one minute they stuck to there "every 30 minute check" either, that's damage control.

I agree it mAde me cry when they said about how the night before Madeline had asked where were you when we cried & yet the next night they still went out and left them again! It's just awful, something sinister happened it gives me the shivers god knows what happened that night!!

I followed little maddys case when she first went missing years ago. I do work in criminal justice system and the best advice I can give you is always be aware and prepared. I don't mean that in the sense of paranoia. The best thing anyone can do is be a sheep dog and not a sheep. The wolves are out there and they are lurking but you being aware and letting them know you are aware is a great step toward keeping your family safe. Talk with your local departments, make use of sex offender registries and public information. If you feel uneasy go with your gut. Always keep your eyes and ears open. I don't know exactly what resources and legal system in the Uk but here in the US we have so many databases available to us that most people aren't aware of.

Completely agree with you Wafflewaffle, that broke my heart too. "Where were you last night when Sean and I were crying..?" I'd have been to racked with guilt to go without them anywhere ever again.
Xxx

I don't know I'm still on the fence and don't think it's as cut and dried as abduction. The crime watch reenactment made me uneasy I would want to check my kids myself not send other people and what's worse is everyone of the people eating that meal were leaving kids alone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->