Crotch Dangler article, what do you all think?

halullat

Reaction score
https://www.pregnantchicken.com/pre..._medium=referral&utm_campaign=crowdignite.com

It was linked on one of the sidebars on this forum so read it and think they miss a lot out, also are crotch danglers cheaper in the US? I only know of the BB here and they are pricier than a lot of wraps and ring slings, and are similar price to a Connecta.

I looooooove Pregnant Chicken, but she really missed the mark here.

All personal opinion of "well my kid was fine using one because I didn't know any bettter, so it must be fine for everyone else's kid to use one too" aside, I feel like this statement is incredibly misleading:

"Even the International Hip Dysplasia Institute (the site that everyone seems to link to when they scream “crotch dangler!!!” online) won’t kick them to the curb, saying: “The Medical Advisory Board of the IHDI does not endorse nor advise against any particular baby carrier…”"

Here is what they actually said, and why:

https://hipdysplasia.org/developmen...tion/baby-carriers-seats-and-other-equipment/

Emphasis on the statement:

"The IHDI recommends healthy hip positioning for all babies to encourage normal hip development."

Crotch danglers don't at all promote healthy hip positioning, in fact, they make it impossible. Because distortion of the hips isn't painful for infants, the ones who've had damage done aren't going to cry about it letting the parents know something is wrong, but they sure will later on when the often times permanent effects set it.

Yes, the my kids are fine argument bothered me too. I actually commented and I never comment on articles but I also feel she missed the mark, also my son needs to be carried facing inwards due to his fear of sudden noises, he is very sensitive to them and being able to nuzzle in for a cuddle is important.

I lovw pregnant chicken too but I felt disappointed by this piece. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->