Crying in the car...

Sweetie

DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!
Reaction score
What do you do when LO starts crying and won't stop while you are in the car driving. I feel so bad letting her cry but I keep thinking if I stop everytime we will never get anywhere. I try to comfort her, talk to her and give her her soother but sometimes she just keeps screaming or pulls the soother out. What do you all do?

M used to do this every time we were in the car and I would feel so bad. There's not much you can do. I used to sing endless and forever new and creative lyrics to "Row Row Row Your Boat" (which she loved). I would also get to my destination as fast as I safely could. I think stopping would make it worse. Do you have a mirror so she can see you? M stopped crying when I randomly found a toy that she loved. She still loves that thing. Other toys won't work like this one at keeping her occupied in the car. It's just some hanging bugs that are nice to bite and have bells in them. So simple, and we borrowed it from a friend, so free!!

I would try and calm them down by giving a pacifier, singing, talking, rubbing their head...anything I could think of. If they didn't calm down though I would stop to calm them down, a few times I pulled over and got them out and nursed them because they were just so worked up. I couldn't stand to just listen to them cry though so I had to do something

I just continue talking to him.Sometimes is works,sometimes not.I dont stop the car.He needs to learn that I cant come to him immediately when I'm in the car. We go out a lot,so that is important for me.

This is a really hard one and it really distracts me from driving. If he is hysterical i have to pull over because I cannot concentrate on the driving and its therefore dangerous for us both. I try to make sure he has a mirror to look at, a paci and a musical toy with him in the car to keep him entertained and on long journeys like when we drive to my parents ( 1 hour away) DH drives so i can sit in the back with him. I agree with not stop the car for every whinge you will never get anywhere , carry on talking, put on some nice music, try make sure the baby is not hungry before the journey, thats pretty much all you can do i think. Good luck and safe driving!

Sing Itsy Bitsy Spider, we aren't in a car often though :)

If OH and I are both going, I always sit in back. Coltons a big fussy cry baby though, so he will always come up with something to be upset about. Even in a 10 minute drive.
I dont go too many places by myself, but if he starts crying then he just cries until we get where we are going.

Sometimes I find turning the music up helps... or if I can reach her and there are 2 of us I hold her hand and offer her dummy. But she rarely cries in the car

I would try and calm them down by giving a pacifier, rubbing their head

Potentially very dangerous if driving at the time, i just keep driving as i know that we will be home or at our destination within 30 mins, so i just try and concentrate on my driving, and put music on or just talk away.

I never have Ewan in the front seat with me and this baby will be in the back with him, after having a head on car accident when he was 3 months old, i swore he would never travel in the front untill he was 11yrs plus.

normally i just shhhhh her and sing twinkle twinkle little star, it doesn't happen very often and i don't stop. if we're stuck in traffic then i may turn around to her (in the back and pop her dummy in or pull her singing toy, that normally works too x

I think it is illegal here to travel with anyone under 14 or something in the front??

I would try and calm them down by giving a pacifier, rubbing their head

Potentially very dangerous if driving at the time, i just keep driving as i know that we will be home or at our destination within 30 mins, so i just try and concentrate on my driving, and put music on or just talk away.

I never have Ewan in the front seat with me and this baby will be in the back with him, after having a head on car accident when he was 3 months old, i swore he would never travel in the front untill he was 11yrs plus.

Ummm if they are rear facing and in the seat opposite of you in the back...depending on the car and your set up of course. I just had to barely reach back,it wasn't dangerous atall. I wasn't suggesting she turn completely around, or do it if she had to reach really far where she wasn't able to sit normally

Do you have the radio/music on in the car?

Brooke loves going in the car and within a couple of minutes of me driving shes fast asleep but if she ever wakes and gets cranky i just turn the music up a little and that seems to do the trick

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->