Cup advice?

Yammas

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I am considering buying a larger capacity cup for days when I have a heavy flow or am out and about and dont want to have to worry about emptying the cup. I have a small mooncup which I have used for a couple years now which i am happy with but would like to see if a larger cup would last 12 hours.

Any suggestions or recommendations appreciated

I have a Divacup. I like it all right - i'm still learning to use it. It can hold a large amount :)

There are some good comparison charts and photos on https://www.femininewear.co.uk/comparison-charts-50-w.asp

I was looking at the divacup but Im not sure what size to get does ut make much difference or is it just a comfort thing?

Eta thanks for the website ill have a look and see if I can narrow it down a bit didn't realise there were so many!

I'm not sure about the size difference, it's usually only a few millimetres so it's hard to imagine how it could make a huge difference... but they wouldn't make them if they weren't needed, surely? I got fed up trying to work out what to get so when I saw a good offer (on Femme Cups, they were half price for a few days) I just went for it and they only come in one size so the decision was made for me :)

Yh I got a free cloth pad with mine and chose the size is for those who havent had children yet as i didnt know the difference.

Eta; are there any other uk cup makers apart from mooncup?

I am sure there are, if not the UK then close. My cup is from Germany :)

I found the Diva a bit large and uncomfortable, but I have really light flow. I use MeLuna, in medium. I used small until last cycle, even for months after childbirth, but now I need medium or I leak.

I can't speak to really heavy cycles, but I love my Lunette. It's nice and easy to insert and I don't have leaking problems. I have the smaller size, but plan to get a bigger one after the baby comes. It seems from what I've seen like the larger sizes are for proper fit as much as for the amount they hold.

Look Into the sckooncup or other cups the same shape. The bottom is wider, instead of the whole up being longer.

I used to use a Diva Cup, but after giving birth I ordered a Fleur cup through a local co-op. I find it fits better, holds more, and is easier to remove.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->