Curious about "shorter people" and showing early

mara16jade

Mommy of 2 little boys
Reaction score
I'm almost 5'2" (lol maybe one day I'll get there!).

I fairly sure I'm showing as my bump is pretty firm and I can't suck it in. But this is my first pregnancy and I was pretty fit and an active gym goer (running) right up until I got pregnant.

I swear I started showing about 1-2 weeks ago, and before that it was massive bloat.

Any other shorties out there who care to share when they started showing? :flower:

Im only 4ft 8 and 14+1 weeks and people have just started saying ive got a little bump but im size uk 10/12 so im not exactly thin.

I'm 5ft 1 and a bit :haha: and I am also a bit apple shaped so I always have a bit of a mummy tummy. I looked big earlier with my dd because the bump had nowhere to go but forward. I'm in maternity clothes already with this one but it's a fine line between bloat mummy tummy and bump !

I am curious to see when I will show as well!!! I am 5'2", and I have a pretty flat tummy.

LOL I HAD a flat tummy!! :rofl: Not anymore...

Here I am at 3 weeks, a few days after I found out.
https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/mara16jade/Sidebyside_zps9527af55.jpg

I'll take my 13 week picture tomorrow and post it. lol Bye, bye abs!

I'm 5"2 and this is my second pregnancy and I'm still carrying a little bit of weight from my first - I expected to show a bit earlier but I was not expecting to get this big this quickly!!

https://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p753/Nikki_Giffard/8weekcomp_zpsc9a94243.jpg

Wow, that is definitely a baby bump for sure!! So nice and perfectly round. :D

Its really firm and I'm now struggling to do my trousers up so I know its all baby rather than just bloat, but I'm now having the issue of people at work guessing and asking me about it before I've even had a scan

Yeah, I would think that a bump like that would be hard to hide. Hmm. We are shorter and there's only one way to stretch - outward! And this is your second, so I'm assuming this is all normal. :)

I'm still going unnoticed at work and everywhere else. But I'm guessing in 3 weeks or so, it'll be fairly obvious. I seem to be growing quickly!

I think the first time round my bump was 'general public noticeable' by about 14 weeks, and my midwife did say that shorter people show earlier due to the lack of vertical room. This time however... I'm going to be huge by 14 weeks at this rate!!

I didn't pop out with my son until almost 7 months and it was 6 months with my daughter before I had an obviously belly but I'm quite heavy so my belly was pretty concealed for a long time. I also don't show right away because I have a very long torso so my babies can grow up ALOT before they need to grow out.

I'm 5ft 1 (and abit) and I can't rembere with my son but with my daughter you could tell I was pregnant at 14 weeks. But this time I have a little bump already but I am living in baggy jumpers so no one notices xx

5'6" but my inseam is only about 30 inches. I like tunic length shirts because my belly button (and flabby belly/stretch marks) doesn't show when I lift my arms up. Nearly all my sibs have legs to their arm pits but teensy chests. My sis is nearly the same height (1/2 in taller) but she pops out right away at 3 months because her babies don't have anywhere to go but out front. Her belly button is at least 2 inches higher than mine when we are standing side by side.

With my first I was bloat until I was about 12 weeks and then I had the tiniest of bumps, didn't really get a noticeable bump till I was about 20 weeks. Strangers started to notice I was pregnant when I was near on 30 weeks.

with this one I started showing a lot earlier I had a bump at about 7 weeks and a noticeable bump again at about 20 weeks, but strangers could tell I as pregnant at about 24 25 weeks.

I'm 5ft

I can't believe I'm going to post this.... I feel like I'm getting huge already. And its only the beginning. LOL :dohh:

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/mara16jade/3-13weekbumpshot_zpsee7556bc.jpg

I am 5ft1 and usually pretty petite (UK size 6/8).

In my first pregnancy I was HUGE. I started to noticeably show by about 10weeks and was massive by the end....I look back at photos and honestly can't believe how big I was, but then LO was a week early and 8lb3 which was a lot bigger than I expected.

I'm only around 4 weeks along and am a little bloated but nothing that anyone would notice. My abdominal muscles got completely wrecked with DS and I never quite got them back so it'll be interesting to see whether I show earlier this time......

I'm not planning on telling anyone until at least 12 weeks so I hope I manage to hide it until then.

5ft 2in here and not a small girl by any means... My clothes feel tighter but it's just bloat I reckon - I'm only 8 weeks.

I'm 5ft tall, and feeling like my pooch is really starting to pop out a bit. I feel super bloated mostly. My work pants definitely don't button, and my regular jeans will button but it's a bit of a struggle! I've gained 4-5 lbs already. I got pregnant right after losing about 40lbs, so it's really tough to watch those numbers go back UP on the scale, but I know it's all for a good reason!

I'm not really short and have a long body but I have 2 girlfriends who are petite athletic 5'1"-5'3" and they were both popped out before 15 weeks (very round bellies) By the end they each had huge beach ball bellies :) probably not fun but soo cute... They looked like they were 9 months by 30 weeks so got pretty tired of the why haven't you popped question :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->