Curtains & rugs

jenny82

Reaction score
This is my current bug bear. I can't find either anywhere that I like or if I do, they are out of my price range! :/

I have checked out Dunelm, John Lewis, ebay, gumtree, Amazon but I am stuck! I can be very fussy. I don't want any crazy patterns, just something very understated. So where do you go?

To give you an idea, I love love love these curtains but I need two sets and £190 is just too much to pay. https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewi...-pleat-curtains-multi/p114068#tabinfo-ratings

I also need a huge rug, like 3m x 3m. Would prefer a natural fibre, no fluffy shaggy types. Ikea one was ok but they don't deliver & I can't drive 90 minutes for a rug :/

So help please! There is cake in it for you :)

I get my curtains and rugs from next :)

Also,

B&Q
Vertbaudet (childrens homeware)
La redoute

Try those :thumbup:

How are you at sewing? Would it be an option to buy some plain coloured curtains - we have some nice heavy ones from Ikea that weren't expensive at all - and then sew your own border onto them in another fabric? Then you could choose any fabric you like and it should be a lot cheaper. It would only take some basic sewing skills and would be easy to update if you fancy something new in a year's time. I keep meaning to do this to ours but I haven't actually picked what I want yet... it's only been 18 months :rofl:

Thanks! I did see a rug in Next so just have to get it OH-approved (usually null & void anyway) and we are good to go :)

I considered making my own curtains but I need pencil pleat and the thought of trying to attempt that is making me sweat. Plus, dammit I just realised that SIL still has my sewing machine a long way away :/

I love those curtains and now I want them for my spare room!!!!!
If you knew of someone who could make them it might be easier? Might be extra work finding the fabric etc though

I had a really cheap woman who was great at making curtains but we moved now and she was really old, so she may not even be around anymore :haha:

I still want the curtains. Sigh. They're so pretty! I did get sorted with a rug though so thanks for the help :)

Home decorating is really bloody stressful, I hate it. Everything I want is always out of budget and all the cheaper stuff is crap. Except my kitchen table, it was a bargain and I do love it. Am I the only one who gazes adoringly at new furniture for a few weeks until you get used to it? :wacko:

How about trying tesco direct?

https://m.tesco.com/mt/www.tesco.co...4-teal/210-9877.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=210-9877

They also have a rug to match

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"