Cutting out dairy from my diet

Blackrain90

DS-2 & Bean on the way!
Reaction score
Cutting out dairy due to baby's issues with stomach aches/gas (not a CMPI)- did you have to cut out anything containing even a little dairy, or just the main sources?

I am hoping that cutting out milk, cheese, yogurt and ice cream (and anything actually considered a dairy product) will be enough (i normally eat several servings of these a day), but that I can still eat things with a little milk in them (like crackers or oatmeal).

Any experience with this? So far we are just testing the dairy cutting because we don't actually know if it is the cause of his fussing.

My son is CMPA so I can only go on my experience of that but I cut everything out that contained dairy as the tinest amounts he would react to. I know you say your son isn't intolerant/allergic but I think it would be better to cut it out completely and then once his symptoms improve (if they do) try the milk ladder to see if he can tolerate small bits of milk in your diet.

My son is 12 months in a couple of weeks and he is now able to tolerate most things through my diet. I haven't drank milk yet but managed to get as far as eating cheese on a pizza so I'm hopeful he will be fine with whole milk too. x

I went non dairy when this baby was like 3-4 weeks old. She would cry or scream for no apparent reason.. May have been some gas too, and would get fussy while nursing. After cutting most dairy out (would still eat some butter and small things), she was like a new baby. I went ahead and cut out small dairy items too just because I didn't know just how sensitive she us to it.. She was much happier but still had some unreasonably fussy moments but after being completely off it, she has been the most happy and content baby. I think it was easier on me to start off not completely off dairy. And it helped to find some yummy dairy free foods like ice cream, butter and almond milk so I didn't feel like I was missing out on everything. Now I don't usually miss it. The only thing I haven't found a good product in is cheese and do sometimes miss that. Good luck! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->