Cycle After D&C.....

redberry3

Love My Little Peek <3
Reaction score
Hi there....

I found out I had a MMC on May 3rd. I was 13 weeks on that day....I had my D&C on the 12th of May.

I have been bleeding on and off since then...and I was wondering if any of you have experience this and can tell me when I will know that it is my cycle and not just the after math?

Right now I have (TMI :blush:) reddish blood that seems like period blood and my gut is crampy....and my appetite is crazy and my hormones are raging......but how would i know....

:cry: My BF is prego and she went for her Ultrasound today and everything is perfect....and now I think I am having baby brain and would like to get on the bandwagon asap......

Thanks so any help.....:hugs:

I also had my MMC at 13 weeks and had my D&C 8 days later. I bled heavy for a couplce of days then nothing for a few days and it was on and off like that for about 3 weeks. They usually class it as your cycle retunring to normal and your AF if you have had 20 bleed free days, i was sent for a scan after 2 weeks as i was concenred but i was just still bleeding from op. everyone is differant hun.....have you been to doctor? I had 18 bleed free days then my AF on may 11th....exactly 5 weeks to the day of my op....i have now just finsiehd my 2nd AF...and am trying again.....i understand how your feeling about wanting to get back to TTC, but its just a waiting game....some peoples cycles return to normal 28 days etc...some people maybe have 1 AF then nothing for months....no one can tell, only time will tell, i would say that maybe a GP visit might be good to book you in for a scan like i had to make sure all the tissue is defo gone x

my follow up is booked for the 23rd of June. I have definietely not had 20 bleed free days. I have stopped and then started the next day.

Its funny how her having an ultrasound today could cause me to get all emotional and want to be prego again....I just want to have that opportunity to grow a healthy baby agian I guess....

Thanks hun! :hugs:

I was a mess going for my follow up u/s, it killed me inside thinking i should still be pregnant and not going through all this crap :cry:.....sending you big hugs :hugs:

Hi Redberry,

I had a similar experience. I bled for 4 weeks, on and off. Somedays it was heavy, somedays there was nothing. Around 4 weeks I started taking my temp each morning and discovered that I actually OV'd at 5 weeks. Then I got my first AF at 7 weeks.

I know how you feel about the emotions. I've been feeling so optimistic for the past 4 weeks or so. Then this week my SIL had her baby and I can't stop crying. I'm happy for her, but it breaks my heart everytime I think of or see her.

Hopefully we all get our healthy babies soon and can move on.

I think the girls just about covered it but i wanted to send you lots of hugs!
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I didn't have 20 bleed free days either but it was definitely af as I charted and saw ovulation.

I delivered Isabella naturally and then had a D&C later the same night for a retained placenta. I bled for six days then stopped. Started again the day of the funeral (10 days later). I ovulated on day 20 and got my first af 30 days after losing her.

I have never charted before, so I have no clue what I am doing in that department.

Thanks for all of your advice girls...:cry:.....I hope we all get our little babies very soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->