Cycle lengths

kirmal12

Reaction score
Hello ladies :hi: I tried to google but didn't really get a answer, maybe you all will be able to help me:thumbup:. Firstly i conceived DS when i was 38 and on the first cycle which i was very surprised but happy about. We are now going TTC 2 but my monthly cycle seems to be anything from 26 days to 32 days is this meaning anything? or is it "normal" for forty?. Do you think we stand any kind of chance or do you think i'm setting myself up for heartache?. Has my body given up on me already?. Thanks for any advice :hugs:

I believe it is normal for our age. I'm 40, too. My cycles were always clockwork 28 days, until I started BC 6 years ago and then stopped last October. They've been ALL over the place, but this last one was 31. I wouldn't worry about your length because a lot of the ladies on here are around 30ish days.

Ovulation may be a little trickier to pinpoint, but there is a saying here...

If you bleed...then you can breed....

GL!

Hi, I don't think you're setting yourself up for heartache at all :hugs:

How long have you noticed your cycle varying? Has anything gone on the months it was longer (stress, irregular hours, etc) as cycles can be sensitive to the smallest thing?

Vitamin B can help with cycles so maybe look for a prenatal supplement which provides your vitamin b requirements.

I take Vitex (chaste berry/agnus castus) from CD1 to ovulation and I am having regular cycles and I know other ladies have said it has helped them get regular cycles.

If really worried speak to your GP who will run some tests to check all your hormone levels.

Hope you get an answer to why your cycles vary :hugs:

Thanks Ladies, not sure if my poor OH is going to be able to keep up the pace poor thing, at least with a regular cycle you have a idea how often he has to keep "going"!!. It's not only the cycle length though, some months are heavy some are light. But as you said Indigo at least i'm still bleeding!

Hi, I don't think you're setting yourself up for heartache at all :hugs:

How long have you noticed your cycle varying? Has anything gone on the months it was longer (stress, irregular hours, etc) as cycles can be sensitive to the smallest thing?

Vitamin B can help with cycles so maybe look for a prenatal supplement which provides your vitamin b requirements.

I take Vitex (chaste berry/agnus castus) from CD1 to ovulation and I am having regular cycles and I know other ladies have said it has helped them get regular cycles.

If really worried speak to your GP who will run some tests to check all your hormone levels.

Hope you get an answer to why your cycles vary :hugs:

Sorry i missed your post!, i have no stress other than running around after LO as i'm a SAHM, i've only recorded my last 3 months cycles and they have been 32 days,28 days and now 26 days!. I'm on a prenatel supplement so hopefully that should help. Thanks again that sounds positive!

Could be the supplements are helping to settle your cycle which is why it is shortening :shrug:

My cycles seem to have settled at 25/26 days and I'm 41 later this year but sometimes my periods are lighter and other times heavier but I do believe if you bleed you can breed :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->